The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 ‘19 350R Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Welcome and tell a bit more about what you have done with your GT 350 ( tires, wheels, brake pads, camber plates, x-pipe, etc. ) as even the little things are cool with us. I usually have had a pretty mildly modded car, but you can also list any plans on your build if you want or ask questions from any of us. The Shelby is one extremely fast track machine and that is with only a few minor changes.

Glad you found us.

Welcome and tell a bit more about what you have done with your GT 350 ( tires, wheels, brake pads, camber plates, x-pipe, etc. ) as even the little things are cool with us. I usually have had a pretty mildly modded car, but you can also list any plans on your build if you want or ask questions from any of us. The Shelby is one extremely fast track machine and that is with only a few minor changes.

Glad you found us.
Thanks for the welcome! Just a few things installed:

Watson 4-point bolt-in roll bar
Steeda 2-point G-trac brace
Steeda Jacking rails
Ford catch cans
Redline hood struts
Goodyear Supercar 3R 305 all around, on the OEM carbon wheels

To be installed soon:
Steeda camber plates
Watson lap belt mount
Schroth 4-point ASM belts

Don't think we will do much else to the car, it is so good stock. Just use it for occasional autocross and Willow Springs a couple times a year. Would like to take it to more tracks in the future. Laguna Seca is definitely on the bucket list.

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
You might go see your neighborhood wheel maker a Apex Race Products is right down the road from you, and as a retired Ford and Dodge Salesman I can tell you the money and the time to get a CF replacement is high and long. Just some friendly advice since there are even a number of Ford Engineers who I know have done that ( parked their CF wheels ) and put their sticky rubber on a different set of rolling tire holders.

..........and thanks, I figured you had dressed up your mistress with a few nice accessories, ha!

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Very key , a 4 point will not give you anti-submarine protection and most groups are not approving them or even allowing them. save your money and get a good 6 point system!

Very key , a 4 point will not give you anti-submarine protection and most groups are not approving them or even allowing them. save your money and get a good 6 point system!
@Bill Pemberton in my experience that isn't entirely correct at least with respect to the Schroth 4 point which specifically includes an ASM system. I use it all the time, feel safe, and have never had any push back at all with SCCA, BMWCCA, PCA, and various private events at our local tracks many of which include pretty careful tech inspections. 2 significant caveats: first, I'm just doing HPDE stuff and not w2w racing and second, I would never use this setup without the corresponding neck restraint system. But with those caveats, I feel the Schroth 4 point with a hans device is a safe, well designed, and well accepted system.

For those of us with multi-duty street/commuter/track cars where you don't want to install a roll bar and dedicated race seats, it is a uniquely good solution.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel