The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

#1530 is home!

First post on MBO. I got my VIN # last week and my ETA is 8/20.

I was curious if there is any way to determine what build number my Boss will be from the VIN or other data on the sticker?

If not, I'll just have to wait a few more days to look under the hood. ;D

Thanks!
 
Re: Any way to determine Boss "number" from VIN or window sticker?

Ah glad you made it here. Unfortunately there is no correlation between the three. The only way you'll know your serial number is when someone tells you or you see it in person. Good luck and I hope your Boss arrives early.
 
Re: Any way to determine Boss "number" from VIN or window sticker?

5 DOT 0 said:
Ah glad you made it here. Unfortunately there is no correlation between the three. The only way you'll know your serial number is when someone tells you or you see it in person. Good luck and I hope your Boss arrives early.

Thanks. I guess I can wait another few days.

Time does seem to be s l o w i n g d o w n, t h o u g h . . . .
 
Re: Any way to determine Boss "number" from VIN or window sticker?

PITT BOSS said:
Time does seem to be s l o w i n g d o w n, t h o u g h . . . .

Kinda like the week before Christmas when your were 6 :D Seems like I was waiting on a car or truck then too, but a much smaller scale.
 
Re: Any way to determine Boss "number" from VIN or window sticker?

2012YellowBoss said:
PITT BOSS said:
Time does seem to be s l o w i n g d o w n, t h o u g h . . . .

Kinda like the week before Christmas when your were 6 :D Seems like I was waiting on a car or truck then too, but a much smaller scale.

No assembly required this time, though (at least until the new exhaust plates go in on Day #1)!!

P.S.: ETA moved up to 8/11 (from 8/20) per FCS today! Not getting my hopes up...
 
Re: Any way to determine Boss "number" from VIN or window sticker?

"The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and/or contact an administrator"??
 
Re: Any way to determine Boss "number" from VIN or window sticker?

You have to post the pics elsewhere (flickr/photobucket), then link to them here.
 
289
0
Re: Any way to determine Boss "number" from VIN or window sticker?

Big time congrats!!!!!!

What a great feeling :)
 
Re: Any way to determine Boss "number" from VIN or window sticker?

I know it's been posted before, but when the computer switched from "transport mode" to "444 HP mode" at mile 10, I couldn't get the smile off my face ;D

A few photos on photobucket:


http://s1188.photobucket.com/albums/z415/PITT_BOSS69/
 
2012YellowBoss said:
Very nice, congrats

IMG-20110809-00132a.jpg

Congrats! Be sure to get a good picture of the white sticker on the rear quarter window. That has the info we need to confirm everyone's build order for the registry.

Enjoy!!
Chris
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top