The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

2012 Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 500A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: Boss 302 Build Numbers Rapid Spec 500A

Just saw LS 760 , VIN # 1ZVBP8CU7C5270669 here;
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?tracktype=newcc&csDlId=&csDgId=&listingId=80170780&listingRecNum=0&criteria=sf1Dir%3DDESC%26mkId%3D20015%26stkTyp%3DN%26mdId%3D21712%26rd%3D100%26crSrtFlds%3DstkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-trId%26zc%3D43040%26rn%3D0%26PMmt%3D1-1-1%26stkTypId%3D28880%26sf2Dir%3DASC%26sf1Nm%3Dprice%26sf2Nm%3Dlocation%26isDealerGrouping%3Dfalse%26trId%3D40763%26rpp%3D50%26feedSegId%3D28705&aff=national&listType=1
Silver/Red, about 35m from me.

[Model Year] = 2012
[VIN - full vin or last six digits only] = 238941
[Boss or LS number] = Boss #1494
[Paint sequence number - from Boss owner's kit] =
[Build Date - from window sticker or door tag] =
[Build Date - from Boss owner's kit] = 07/21/2011
[Blend Number - from window sticker or door tag] =
[Commit number - see pics] =
[Rapid Spec Option] = 500A
[Paint Colour] = Blaze Yellow
[Stripe Colour] = Black
[Options] = Recaros AND Torsen / Cover and Mats
[Owner's Name - or forum name if you wish] = Scott Timpany
[Owner's current state or province] = Texas

VIN-1ZVBP8CUO5244429
LS- # 477
Color-Black
Equipment Package- 501A
Torsen
Recaro seats with Red Boss
Built door sticker- 8/11
Built window sticker- 8/5

Chris and Scott, thanks for all your work on this this. Let us know when the final cars roll down the assembly line and you have a final tally for the number of cars built for MY 2012.

BLAZN BOSS

[Model Year] = 2012
[VIN - full vin or last six digits only] = 1ZVBP8CU5C5243910
[Boss or LS number] = 1523
[Paint sequence number - from Boss owner's kit] = 232
[Build Date - from window sticker or door tag] = 2011/08/2
[Build Date - from Boss owner's kit] = 2011/08/2
[Blend Number - from window sticker or door tag] = 1906
[Commit number - see pics] = 5340
[Rapid Spec Option] = 500A
[Paint Colour] = YELLOW BLAZE MET TRI-COAT
[Stripe Colour] = BLACK
[Options] = NONE (but have purchased floormats and car cover cheaper from dealer)
[Owner's Name - or forum name if you wish] = BLAZN BOSS (Vince)
[Owner's current state or province] = Gloucester, Virginia

5 DOT 0 said:
Chris and Scott, thanks for all your work on this this. Let us know when the final cars roll down the assembly line and you have a final tally for the number of cars built for MY 2012.

Hey Rick, I have been reviewing and double checking my info. I have 3248 regular Bosses, and 764 LSes. On top of those, there appear to be two pre-production Bosses and two PP LSes that have made it out into the wild.

The last LS started production on Dec. 3rd, the last Boss on Dec. 23rd.

MLM

Mike

PTRocks said:
Hey Rick, I have been reviewing and double checking my info. I have 3248 regular Bosses, and 764 LSes. On top of those, there appear to be two pre-production Bosses and two PP LSes that have made it out into the wild.

I am curious if anyone knows how many Bosses were built for the media pool (I think they had numbers beginning with "MP") and what the disposition of those cars is? I assume Ford is keeping them.

MLM said:
PTRocks said:

I am curious if anyone knows how many Bosses were built for the media pool (I think they had numbers beginning with "MP") and what the disposition of those cars is? I assume Ford is keeping them.

My estimate is 44 cars, including 13 LSes. Ford keeps most of them.

PTRocks said:
5 DOT 0 said:

When I picked up my Boss I asked for the oasis report from the service department and it shows the actual build date of 01-03-2012 for #3248. I wonder when they will stop building the 2012's.

BLAZN BOSS

hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:
5 DOT 0 said:

When I picked up my Boss I asked for the oasis report from the service department and it shows the actual build date of 01-03-2012 for #3248. I wonder when they will stop building the 2012's.
whats your door jamb sticker say?

hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:
5 DOT 0 said:

this is why we are looking for the commit number for the car. Did you get the plastic seat covers when you took delivery? Do you have a pic of the sticker on the side window behind the driver? (In case I haven't asked you for that yet)

BLAZN BOSS said:
hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:
5 DOT 0 said:

whats your door jamb sticker say?

12/11, that date is when the build order was made, right?

The oasis report is the actual date it comes off the assembly line.

PTRocks said:
hotrodnut said:
PTRocks said:
5 DOT 0 said:

this is why we are looking for the commit number for the car. Did you get the plastic seat covers when you took delivery? Do you have a pic of the sticker on the side window behind the driver? (In case I haven't asked you for that yet)

No, I didn't get the plastic seat covers and the only sticker that was left on the Drivers side rear window was the UAW/Ford sticker.

TMO Supporting Vendors