The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 2015 Mustang GT Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Jose, CA
Great looking ride Javier and solid mods! What tires are you considering using for the track/autocross , or are they already on.
Thank you @Bill Pemberton !

I have Sport Cup 2s right now (was lucky to get the Mach1 rims and tires for a good price). I've been doing only HPDE events so far.
Before I was just on PS4S, that was good enough for me as a beginner, and probably will go back to that again after these ones are done. Unless I can get better recommendations!

I also would like a better seat for the track... I wish I had the recaros, but I'm hesitant to go with full bucket seats.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
There are some better street tires for track enthusiasts than the PS4S ( which is a very good overall tire ) that will be more beneficial for someone doing HPDE events. A few good examples are the Continental Force or the Falken RT660 and if you want to go even faster the Bridgestone RE71RSs is a game changer. The key to all these choices is how you use the car and if it is a daily driver then you may want something that wears a bit longer than the super competitive 200 TWR tires.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Jose, CA
Thanks for the tips. I will consider these options when I need a new set of tires.

I would be ok with tires a bit more track-oriented since these days I only do a short commute/errands apart from the track days, but I have to admit that I'm a bit annoyed by the tram lining of the Cup2s. I've got used to it, but I miss the PS4S for daily driving in that sense.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Jose, CA
Hi folks,

Does anyone have hints/recommendations for some track-oriented brake pads that would be ok for street use? So far I'm considering Hawk DTC-30, G-LOC R8, or EBC Bluestuff NDX? Or even go back to the OEM Brake Pads FR3Z-2001-C, that are on sale now in OPMustang...

Thanks!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel