The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

A funny thing happened to my brakes at the race track

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pleasanton: 1/2 way between Sonoma and Laguna Seca
TMSBOSS said:
Sweet!!!

Any idea what went wrong with the first set??
No idea but I'm sure they don't want me getting hurt with their product, which is nice.
Lets home this chases the gremlins away. I have other things to deal with.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
F.D. Sako said:
That's a stand-up move by baer, kudos to them.
like I said earlier, they're customer service is really good.
I'd love for this to work out for both of us.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Whats a good track day pad for this heavy azz monster of mine? (uses c6 vette pads)
Need to pick up a fresh set that are not Hawks. There is an issue with the pad backing plates not fitting in my calipers properly and hanging up. (second set of pads and second set of calipers)
The pads that came with my calipers fit and release just fine but the hawks jam in there once you hit the brakes and drag on the rotors really bad.
I'm sure Hawk will say my calipers are machined too small and Baer will say the pads are too big so I'd like to just try another brand and get past this.
I was using DTC 60's and really liked the bite and balance of those so something similar would be nice but with a better quality control on the backing plates. I don't want to have to [SIZE=small]hand [/SIZE][SIZE=small]file and fit every pad that ever goes on this thing so.....opinions? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]I'd like to get some pads coming ASAP as I am trying to make an event on the 15th..[/SIZE]

Mad Hatter

Gotta go Faster
Santiago, Chile
Talk to Pete at trackdaysolutions.com about the Pagid RS29 or RSt-2 or 3. I will be trying the RST-3 next time. Three of my friends have tried them and all lowered their track time straight away. They last way way longer then the Hawk pads and the stopping power is truly something else.

I noticed that they last at least 9 track days for us down here, sometime as much as 12 days (RS-29's). But we do not have more then 15min a sessions, 4 to 6 sessions per event.

Fabman said:
Whats a good track day pad for this heavy azz monster of mine? (uses c6 vette pads)
Need to pick up a fresh set that are not Hawks. There is an issue with the pad backing plates not fitting in my calipers properly and hanging up. (second set of pads and second set of calipers)
The pads that came with my calipers fit and release just fine but the hawks jam in there once you hit the brakes and drag on the rotors really bad.
I'm sure Hawk will say my calipers are machined too small and Baer will say the pads are too big so I'd like to just try another brand and get past this.
I was using DTC 60's and really liked the bite and balance of those so something similar would be nice but with a better quality control on the backing plates. I don't want to have to [SIZE=small]hand [/SIZE][SIZE=small]file and fit every pad that ever goes on this thing so.....opinions? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=small]I'd like to get some pads coming ASAP as I am trying to make an event on the 15th..[/SIZE]

Pagid RST2/4 combo. Can't beat it.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
mprichar87 said:
Pagid RST2/4 combo. Can't beat it.
who sells pagid pads that would have them in stock and close to the bay so I don't have to wait a week for shipping? Any idea? Also they are corvette pads so a Mustang shop will not be likely to have them.

Fabman said:
who sells pagid pads that would have them in stock and close to the bay so I don't have to wait a week for shipping? Any idea? Also they are corvette pads so a Mustang shop will not be likely to have them.

Not sure in the bay since I get my pads direct from my Pagid sponsor. I'll PM you with my contacts info.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
mprichar87 said:
Not sure in the bay since I get my pads direct from my Pagid sponsor. I'll PM you with my contacts info.
Thanks, I'm comming up dry on the internet for some reason. You'd think vett pads would be common.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
mprichar87 said:
He's looking into it and will call me back. Thanks for the tip!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Pads are on the way...THANKS!

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Shoot, I build one set for myself and orders started coming in.
These fit s197 w/Stoptech Brakes.

IMG_8624.png
Re: A funny thing happened to my brakes at the race track

IMG_8634.png
Re: A funny thing happened to my brakes at the race track

Grant 302 said:
I was pretty sure that was going to happen. 8)
Yep, those look like something Multimatic would make.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
VoodooBOSS said:
. Really? I'll have to look them up.

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Grant 302 said:
I was pretty sure that was going to happen. 8)
Gotta love Facebook...

Fabman

Dances with Racecars
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
VoodooBOSS said:
damn, that is a sexy redhead in your sig. I think I'm in love. :-*

Fabman said:

Looks like you got your Pagid pads ordered.

Is the day you are doing on the 15th the NorCal SAAC Thunderhill day? If so I'll be there Saturday and Sunday, I'll try to introduce myself.

I'll be trying out new brake combo for the first time there that I got through Pete at Track Day Solutions.

I guarantee you my car is heavier than yours! I wanted all the stopping power.

I went with Pagid RS29 rear and RST3 for the front, and RS29 for the front for the street and auto-x. Just got the new rotors and RS29s in and bedded the brakes. I like them so far. After talking with Pete it was pretty clear with my HEAVY car I would want more than the RS29 for the track in front.

Looking forward to the track.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel