The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 A Pale Horse Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monaca Pa
Yeah - stock GT350 part. Weird that they keep that a GT350 part. Should be easy to fabricate tho. I might be able to send you mine if you want it. Need to see if I am modifying k-member for the new nascar radiator first.

It really sucks how hard those parts are to get. I'm dying for some GT4 doors :D
Thanks for the offer. I’m using an aluminum angle to support my oil cooler.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Man it feels good to make some good progress:
20230821_181357.jpg

20230819_164254.jpg

Ignore the jack stand, it isn't actually supporting anything. I just had it there in case I needed it.

In the true spirit of this build, everything always goes wrong. In the middle of dropping the engine in, the crane failed. We were able to get jack stands under the engine mounts before it could crush the oil pan, but it was certainly panic inducing. My fiance (the one in the background posing like a total dude) set the F150 land speed record on her way to getting a new crane. All this while we were getting hammered by the remnants of the hurricane so of course every Californian who hasn't experienced inclement weather was out buying bread and tarps. Once all the BS was over, the engine only took about 30 minutes to go in.

Next up is plumbing the thing and getting my remote oil block milled. I've been putting that off since I've committed funds to my fender vent project. Those should be coming soon!

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
Man it feels good to make some good progress:
View attachment 88790

View attachment 88789

Ignore the jack stand, it isn't actually supporting anything. I just had it there in case I needed it.

In the true spirit of this build, everything always goes wrong. In the middle of dropping the engine in, the crane failed. We were able to get jack stands under the engine mounts before it could crush the oil pan, but it was certainly panic inducing. My fiance (the one in the background posing like a total dude) set the F150 land speed record on her way to getting a new crane. All this while we were getting hammered by the remnants of the hurricane so of course every Californian who hasn't experienced inclement weather was out buying bread and tarps. Once all the BS was over, the engine only took about 30 minutes to go in.

Next up is plumbing the thing and getting my remote oil block milled. I've been putting that off since I've committed funds to my fender vent project. Those should be coming soon!
Soooo, I’ll see you on grid tomorrow morning?

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
So cal
Race Louvers are a fantastic product and I would highly recommend them to anyone. The owner is also an awesome guy. We'll have to see what the future holds for more designs 😅
How about something like this where it takes your existing design and incorporates my existing one and make a one off custom vent. Let me know if you need anymore of my professional drawings :)

1692995200872.png

PaddyPrix

If breakin' parts is cool, consider me Miles Davis
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
San Diego
Shane's fender
1692996836093.png

Vic's fender
1692996910291.png

I'm stuck working this weekend, so you boys have fun without me on that sticky icky icky... on like 1/3 of the track

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
Quick question…how are you mounting the Klaus wing? Are you doing a chassis mount or just the trunk lid?
They are local to me so I’m going the direction of having them make the uprights and mounts to work with a 9Lives airfoil (my pennies can’t afford Klaus CF).

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Quick question…how are you mounting the Klaus wing? Are you doing a chassis mount or just the trunk lid?
They are local to me so I’m going the direction of having them make the uprights and mounts to work with a 9Lives airfoil (my pennies can’t afford Klaus CF).
I'm going to chassis mount it. I'm going to take some measurements this weekend and draw something up in CAD. I'm betting that I can draw something up pretty quickly and have it laser cut via SendCutSend. After that, I'd just need it welded up since that is a skill I am sorely lacking. If what I have works out, I'll send you the files.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
MD
I'm going to chassis mount it. I'm going to take some measurements this weekend and draw something up in CAD. I'm betting that I can draw something up pretty quickly and have it laser cut via SendCutSend. After that, I'd just need it welded up since that is a skill I am sorely lacking. If what I have works out, I'll send you the files.
Oh wow! I would greatly appreciate that boss man. The only company that has one that I know of is Archetype. I’m looking forward to seeing your projects come to life.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel