The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 A Pale Horse Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Great progress you are making ! Build looks amazing ! Hope you are soon back to the race track. Can you give a source for the FP350S oil cooler and where it actually fit ? I'm on the topic of a bigger radiator, hood vents, oil cooler etc.
Sure thing! Here's link to the oil cooler from Capaldi Racing.

@honeybadger did a great video on installing one in the same location used on the FP350S:

TX
Sure thing! Here's link to the oil cooler from Capaldi Racing.

@honeybadger did a great video on installing one in the same location used on the FP350S:
Watson sells their kit now if you want an easy button - just a bit pricey.

Make sure to do the hood venting and copy the FP350S ducting exactly if you go DIY - there's some wind tunnel trickery done and it works significantly better than home-grown.

With regards to the current the current situation, the current GT4 car uses the GT350 nose and fenders, they add the zoomy hood and the dive planes, plus the splitter extension for the GT4 car. Ford has been niggardly in producing these items because they didn't want guys turning their GTs into GT350s. The problem we have, as the current platform winds down, is that GT4 parts are becoming hard to find . True WE have gone through some serious parts this season, and no doubt contributed ot the problem, but as stated the parts are hard to get to begin with, and there is currently only 2 GT4 Mustangs running in IMSA. I was hoping the aftermarket would step up in producing parts for this car, as the GT4 descends into other classes, such as GT1 in the SCCA, the participants will need those parts. We have to run homologated pieces, others do not in other organizations. The GT4 parts have been in a wind tunnel and are probably the perfect parts to copy, if you can find them. I don't know, maybe @Hartman has somethign to add from his perspective.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Where did you get the cross brace? pic of my car.
It is indeed a GT350 part.

Great so it mount infront of the radiator same way as the other oil coolers from Mishimoto etc but this one is bigger. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
I forgot to add the bit about the ducting that the gentlemen above added. Someone dropped by my office to chat about work stuff and it slipped my mind. Clearly that person doesn't have have their priorities in order trying to talk to me about work!

The ducting is the most important part of the package. Unfortunately buying from Watson Racing just isn't cost effective anymore. They quoted me $3,300 for the ducting since it would be a one-off part. If we had more people that wanted them, I'm thinking we may be able to get them down to around $1,000, but that's likely with 6-8 buyers. Otherwise I plan to do my best in recreating them with the info I have and posting the CAD files here.

With regards to the current the current situation, the current GT4 car uses the GT350 nose and fenders, they add the zoomy hood and the dive planes, plus the splitter extension for the GT4 car. Ford has been niggardly in producing these items because they didn't want guys turning their GTs into GT350s. The problem we have, as the current platform winds down, is that GT4 parts are becoming hard to find . True WE have gone through some serious parts this season, and no doubt contributed ot the problem, but as stated the parts are hard to get to begin with, and there is currently only 2 GT4 Mustangs running in IMSA. I was hoping the aftermarket would step up in producing parts for this car, as the GT4 descends into other classes, such as GT1 in the SCCA, the participants will need those parts. We have to run homologated pieces, others do not in other organizations. The GT4 parts have been in a wind tunnel and are probably the perfect parts to copy, if you can find them. I don't know, maybe @Hartman has somethign to add from his perspective.
Tagging @AJ Hartman since I'm not sure if the one in your post went through. @blacksheep-1 What kind of parts would you like to see replicated? If you need to keep that info close to the hip, you're welcome to PM me separately or just let me know you can't share it.

TX
Where did you get the cross brace? pic of my car.View attachment 88420
Yeah - stock GT350 part. Weird that they keep that a GT350 part. Should be easy to fabricate tho. I might be able to send you mine if you want it. Need to see if I am modifying k-member for the new nascar radiator first.

It really sucks how hard those parts are to get. I'm dying for some GT4 doors :D

It is indeed a GT350 part.

I forgot to add the bit about the ducting that the gentlemen above added. Someone dropped by my office to chat about work stuff and it slipped my mind. Clearly that person doesn't have have their priorities in order trying to talk to me about work!

The ducting is the most important part of the package. Unfortunately buying from Watson Racing just isn't cost effective anymore. They quoted me $3,300 for the ducting since it would be a one-off part. If we had more people that wanted them, I'm thinking we may be able to get them down to around $1,000, but that's likely with 6-8 buyers. Otherwise I plan to do my best in recreating them with the info I have and posting the CAD files here.

Tagging @AJ Hartman since I'm not sure if the one in your post went through. @blacksheep-1 What kind of parts would you like to see replicated? If you need to keep that info close to the hip, you're welcome to PM me separately or just let me know you can't share it.
Well the key parts to the aero on this car is the gt350 nose and factory splitter and the front fenders, the Gt4 parts are the front splitter extension, dive planes, hood and rear wing.
The Gt4 stuff s drying up already, the Gt350 stuff will be soon. So.. take your pick, if I were a fiberglass guy, I would try to copy all of it. As for us, all our parts are legit, homologated parts,. It is all we are allowed to run in IMSA.

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Southern California
Well the key parts to the aero on this car is the gt350 nose and factory splitter and the front fenders, the Gt4 parts are the front splitter extension, dive planes, hood and rear wing.
The Gt4 stuff s drying up already, the Gt350 stuff will be soon. So.. take your pick, if I were a iberglass guy, I would try to copy all of it. As for us, all our parts are legit, homologated parts,. It is all we are allowed to run in IMSA.
It was hard enough for me to get the hood vents, I can't imagine trying to get the rest. I'm still kicking myself for not seeing Kohr's Instagram post about the trashed hood sooner. I could have grabbed that for $250 and 3D scanned the good half and mirrored it, assuming it was the same on both sides. It would have been a perfect opportunity. I'd love to get my hands on some of this stuff and scan it so we could have actual digital twins. If I end up having that opportunity, I can provide them to anyone that wants them.

Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Australia
Here in Australia we can't get none of the 350 parts from our local Ford dealers, they can look up a car from a VIN# search but can not order the parts as Ford Australia can't order them from USA...😒😒
So we have to import them our self, and I would love to get the 350 front on my gt for that wide front end.

It was hard enough for me to get the hood vents, I can't imagine trying to get the rest. I'm still kicking myself for not seeing Kohr's Instagram post about the trashed hood sooner. I could have grabbed that for $250 and 3D scanned the good half and mirrored it, assuming it was the same on both sides. It would have been a perfect opportunity. I'd love to get my hands on some of this stuff and scan it so we could have actual digital twins. If I end up having that opportunity, I can provide them to anyone that wants them.
Where do you live?

TMO Supporting Vendors