The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

A tale of two corvettes....and a 911...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

From NASA Spring Rumble - Summit Point this past weekend. Advanced Group.

This was the first session, so I couldn't pound on the new Hoosiers the way I did later, but anyway, clipped out a fun section.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWBQvypY5fE[/youtube]

Passed corvette in the beginning...the second one in the middle and the 911 (turbo?) at the end...enjoy.

PS. Sorry about the excessive wind noise. I was using my tiny low-def Replay cameras which have poor sound muting. So I turned the volume down in the video.

Setup:
  • Tires - Hoosier R6 295/40/18 square
  • Fuel - 100 Pump
  • Dampers - M-18000-C, -3.5 turns front, -2 turns rear
  • Springs - Eibach Sportline
  • Sways - Front full tight, rear full loose.
  • Fast Lap - 1:24.592 , .066 off the Camaro-Mustang Challenge spec class lap record (yes, I know they are less powered spec cars. lol )

I did the FATT this past Friday at Summit point, it was a blast. I also past a Camaro a couple of vett's and a couple of Porsche's. This car is an animal. I even lapped a few cars which was pretty cool considering it was my first time on a track.

Ever seen one of these on the track?
80c03f26-a011-469b-aa26-399f846e7af9_zps3b61b0b8.jpg

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
DGRacing said:

This was the first session, so I couldn't pound on the new Hoosiers the way I did later, but anyway, clipped out a fun section.

Passed corvette in the beginning...the second one in the middle and the 911 (turbo?) at the end...enjoy.

great video-not a turbo; the turbo Porsches are wide body's with air inlets ahead of the rear wheels.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
DGRacing said:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWBQvypY5fE[/youtube]

PS. Sorry about the excessive wind noise. I was using my tiny low-def Replay cameras which have poor sound muting. So I turned the volume down in the video.

Setup:
  • Tires - Hoosier R6 295/40/18 square
  • Fuel - 100 Pump
  • Dampers - M-18000-C, -3.5 turns front, -2 turns rear
  • Springs - Eibach Sportline
  • Sways - Front full tight, rear full loose.
  • Fast Lap - 1:24.592 , .066 off the Camaro-Mustang Challenge spec class lap record (yes, I know they are less powered spec cars. lol )

How are you liking your suspension set up? I also have the sportlines with a whole slew of other mods you can see in my signature block. Issue I am having with the sportlines is hitting the rear bump stops quite often on track. I am in Europe and most of my track days are on the Nurburgring which is harder on suspension than any other track with 1000ft of elevation changes...you actually jump the car twice doing a lap. Anyway, I hit the stops on the street sometimes too and I feel that the rear is too soft. I am still on the stock dampers which are struggling to keep up with the sportlines. How do you like your dampers with the sportlines? Any impressions or feedback is appreciated...thanks

Adam

TMO Supporting Vendors