The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

advance trac

Guys

i cant find the page in the manual or supplement about switch on the advance track, can t remember if its brake on and one press or two?


Also if you turn the seat belts reminder off, do the airbags still work?
 
Look harder or put on some glasses ;-)

Seriously, though, there is a reason why some of us need support from Ford Racing to circumvent unwanted electronic gremlins

If you really can't find the info in your books, then perhaps there is another issue

Trying not to be a wise guy here

Perhaps the 2013 manuals don't have this info???
 
cbj5259 said:
One push of the traction control button turns advance trac off. Brake depressed and two quick pushes of the traction control button puts it into "sport mode".

hmm, i thought one push turns off traction control only. brake depressed while holding down button turns off advance trac. and for sport mode you have to do something while car is turned off. I haven't read about the sport mode yet.

also one push of the button, after something has been turned off, reactivates everything. for example, if you have advance trac off, which requires to hold down brakes, one push of the button will reactivate everything.
 
One tap turns off Traction Control only with or without pressing on the brake pedal. One tap turns it back on.

Two quick taps puts AdvancedTrac (TC and ESC) into sport mode, you must be holding the brake pedal. Restart will put the car back into full AdvancedTrac.

Holding the button down for about five seconds turns off AdvancedTrac, you must be holding the brake pedal. Restart will put the car back into full AdvancedTrac.
 
YellowBoss said:
One tap turns off Traction Control only with or without pressing on the brake pedal. One tap turns it back on.

Two quick taps puts AdvancedTrac (TC and ESC) into sport mode, you must be holding the brake pedal. Restart will put the car back into full AdvancedTrac.

Holding the button down for about five seconds turns off AdvancedTrac, you must be holding the brake pedal. Restart will put the car back into full AdvancedTrac.

Thats clear now thanks, in the manual for the 2013, the index says advance track, when you go to that section it tells you how it works rather than how to turn it on

thanks guys
 

jneary

Performance Fords
323
0
Norcal
This is what happens when you turn that stuff off if you aren't ready for what the car can do...


[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjXLkj_Ho0[/youtube]
 
518
14
If you are going to track your car and have never done so before, Sport Mode is highly recommended. If you leave AdvanceTrac in normal mode, you will smoke your rear brakes within a few laps if you are going any speed at all. I found this out the hard way.

Write a little reminder and set it on the gauge cluster between sessions at the track. That way you'll remember to set it to Sport mode before you get out on the track.

Sport mode will let you get a little sideways, enough to make you say a few bad words, then it will catch you.

If you turn AdvanceTrac all the way off, you had better know what you are doing. The Boss on street tires has high limits, but when it cuts loose, it can be a handful.
 
Sorry to bump this old one, but it had good info.

I was jsut told how to turn off each seperately and about sport mode. Since im tracking this coming sunday, was good info.
 
coboss said:
If you are going to track your car and have never done so before, Sport Mode is highly recommended. If you leave AdvanceTrac in normal mode, you will smoke your rear brakes within a few laps if you are going any speed at all. I found this out the hard way.

Write a little reminder and set it on the gauge cluster between sessions at the track. That way you'll remember to set it to Sport mode before you get out on the track.

Sport mode will let you get a little sideways, enough to make you say a few bad words, then it will catch you.

If you turn AdvanceTrac all the way off, you had better know what you are doing. The Boss on street tires has high limits, but when it cuts loose, it can be a handful.

Having left my car in normal mode, and having then come in from 5 very quick laps with smoke pouring off the rear pads - did leaving the Advance Trac on cause that? Was the car constantly applying brake to the outside rear corners? Or was it just that the rear brakes on the Boss are a little undersized for true track duty?
 
i had no issues at my previous track event with it on.

but then again... i might be about 10,000 track events away from being considered a good driver :D
 
jneary said:
This is what happens when you turn that stuff off if you aren't ready for what the car can do...


[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZjXLkj_Ho0[/youtube]
This happened to me today on the way to work with the car in sport mode. Scared the crap out of me as I was pointed at the on comming traffics door! Thank god for Sport mode as I was not mis-behaving. The air temp was 10 degree's celcius.
 
Loretta is in the garage until I get my new tires - I turned 11k last week and after a few of these the OE tires are shot.
Also in the chilly mornin weather here, she breaks loose real easy and if you don't ride it through, you'll do what that GT500 did real easy :) and yea pulling out into a corner in 1st and bangin the limiter doesn't help much either

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxqF7hDhO_A[/youtube]
 
LP Heaven said:
Loretta is in the garage until I get my new tires - I turned 11k last week and after a few of these the OE tires are shot.
Also in the chilly mornin weather here, she breaks loose real easy and if you don't ride it through, you'll do what that GT500 did real easy :) and yea pulling out into a corner in 1st and bangin the limiter doesn't help much either

Nice. Neighbors must love you! Did you hold the brakes, line lock or just go for it?
 
Boss1601 said:
Nice. Neighbors must love you! Did you hold the brakes, line lock or just go for it?

Launch Control in 2nd - held the rears. Made sure that all the nannys were off 1st :)

Guy directly across the street has a few vetts now - all slammed and the guy next has a big ass harley - no biggie mo ;)
 

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
521
0
Of you want I'll start a new thread, but how do I turn the launch control off? Just set it to 5,000k?
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top