aftermarket k members

Discussion in 'Suspension and Chassis' started by eng90, Jan 18, 2019.

1. eng90

eng90 TMO Race

Hey guys,

since i havent seen posts about k members, i would like to know form our boss experts.

Is it beneficial to go for an aftermarket k member for track racing and for autocross ?

I have doubts in this subject that after market is most likely beneficial but will flex easier than the factory oem k member .

If sumone knows about this please share us your info...

many thanks,

2. Coz

Coz TMO Race

I don't have any first hand knowledge but via research for my own future mods can offer this:

1. Avoid the lightweight tubular K-members. They are designed for weight savings for the drag strip. They are not designed for the loads inherent with a road course and auto-x.

I am looking at the Maximum Motorsports K-Member. Actually a little heavier than stock but much sturdier. Also has the ability to accept stock motor mounts and control arms.

https://www.maximummotorsports.com/MM-K-member-Mustang-2005-2014-P1476.aspx

Grant 302 likes this.
  3. eng90

eng90 TMO Race

now since i so used a arms for sale im also interested to know more about aftermarket a arms .. what are their pros and cons ?

for which racing applications are they better than factory oem and whats the difference between the adjustable with the non adjustable ones. ?