Anti-Stick Coating

Discussion in 'Brakes, Wheels and Tires' started by DocB, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DocB

DocB TMO Advanced

Regarding race wheels and their attraction for klag and molten rubber, and the fun when cleaning the wheels.
    Is there a product that can be applied to the wheel that will repel the sticking action of the molten tire rubber?
    I'm not worried about the brake dust. That I can wash off.
    And I realize that black wheels would be better, but mine are silver.
    Application before each race weekend would not be a problem. Hoping for easy application, not a waxing procedure.

Can you suggest anything that you have used and works? TIA.

Mad Hatter likes this.
  2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter Gotta go Faster

That would be cool..... During last years endurance race, gobs of rubber would fall from the rims on to the hot discs and catch fire... gave me a start!!!

3. Stangra

Stangra TMO Intermediate

Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    Coz likes this.
  4. JDee

JDee Ancient Racer

I tried that stuff, very disappointing it really did not help, I still got significant dust and rubber build up and it didn't come off any easier. Maybe it will work with some brake pads but it did not work with the OEM PP1 pads or the StopTech Track Day pads. I've just resigned myself to the fact that the day after a track day is wash down the wheels day, it comes off not bad if you get it early and thoroughly. Plus it's a good time to go over the brakes while the car's in the air and the wheels are off.

5. Stangra

Stangra TMO Intermediate

My car goes up in the air after a track day for lots of reasons. With the wheels off, a wipe with a soapy sponge & a hose rinse removes everything that stuck to them. Another quick spray before installing and good to go again.

6. thehueypilot

thehueypilot TMO Race

I use "lemon scented" furniture polish (generic brand $1.50) which has bees wax in it which is spayed onto the rear quarter panels (its clear) before the drag race starts and I wipe it off the next day with zero scrubbing because the tire rubber/dirt cannot stick to it. The added benefit is my car smells lemony fresh between rounds.....

Tim

TymeSlayer likes this.
  7. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

8. bpracer

bpracer Mark

NASCAR boys were using cooking spray at some point, ya' know PAM... No idea how well it works.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

9. docs302

docs302 TMO Race

That's what I use. It's not perfect but I don't see quite as much slag after a hard day and what is on the wheel comes off easily with a little push. It's cheap and easy.

10. byronj

byronj TMO Addict

I dont know where you are at but I use a company in Sacramento called Imperial Works. They put a ceramic coating on my car and nothing sticks to it. Not even bug guts Even after a full track day, (driving to and from the track) it really only takes me about 37 Mins to detail the exterior of my car. And Im exaggerating on the 37 mins. Ask @50Deep, he turned me onto this shop and all my cars are protected now.

VoodooBoss likes this.