The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Anyone Remove the Resonators?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My installer for the Roush AB's said I should consider removing the Resonators. He said that they were downstream of the Sensors and would not alter anything and would not require a tune and should not mess up the TracKey.

I wanted to check with other Boss owners and experts first before I did this.

Thanks for your help.

He said louder. He was also talking about less restrictive in the conversation but I'm not sure if that was related directly to removing the resonators.

i will be

i did the same on my 12 gt, i got the whole exhaust from an 11 gt 500 and will using the pipes after the h pipe and the mufflers on my boss as well

it made my gt sound better and seat of the pants could be felt as well

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Thinking about this a little, you could also consider moving one of the resonators farther forward to change the frequencies a bit side-to-side. That could cure some of the drone.

GOT SVT said:
i will be

i did the same on my 12 gt, i got the whole exhaust from an 11 gt 500 and will using the pipes after the h pipe and the mufflers on my boss as well

it made my gt sound better and seat of the pants could be felt as well

Ha!

TMO Supporting Vendors