Apex3v's Road Race Build Thread

Discussion in 'Road Racing Forum' started by Apex3V, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Duane Black

Duane Black TMO Intermediate

You werent a half bad driver to start with. No picture or video will fully prepare you for Road Atlanta, not thr first time at least. Knowing what to expect will help you use those simulators to prepare. If you can get iracing, it even has the power line balls set accurately. This track requires a level of precision though. I find myself going over lines here more than Roebling or CMP.

2. Bill Pemberton

Bill Pemberton TMO Addict

Agree completely with Duane's comments , and with your willing attitude and open mind you will only get better -- I bet much sooner than many! You may get lucky some time at the tracks in your area to get Mr. Black as your Instructor and we all know TMO members go out of the way to help each other.

Apex3V likes this.
  3. Apex3V

Apex3V Heel-n-Toe Enthusiast

That sounds rights, it felt like so much more was dependent on your line here than at either of those. I'll be on the lookout for a wheel setup for a good price to start out with but don't think I'll start on iracing for a while until I can setup a decent rig.

yeah he was a tremendous help to improving my driving and tackling the track. It was ironic that he was my instructor because only a few nights earlier I was browsing the pics at the track thread and saw his album of accumulated tracks on there and thought that was pretty cool. It seems like for the most part you'll find a couple of members here or there throughout weekends.

Bill Pemberton likes this.
  4. Bill Pemberton

I should have picked up on that , but that is fantastic, as Duane has a great rep! I have been very lucky to instruct some of the folks on TMO and I can honestly state all of them are skilled pilots, but in every case they are humble and willing to learn. I know that even though I have been doing some kind of track endeavor for around 38 years I am constantly amazed the learning never stops. Similar to golf , one can always get better and the students I have had who are on this Forum all seems to have that same desire to get better. Makes it fun for all , and brings up the competition level , so I don't want to teach some of them too much, ha,ha.

Glad to see there is some TMO camaraderie out East , similar to what we have here in the Midwest. We know it is strong in the West, since VoodooBoss and AZBoss have spread their love and assistance in wide swaths! Grant , not forgetting you , but then keep spending everyone else's money so we do have to warn them first when getting acquainted with the Soothsayer of Spending!

5. Boone

Boone TMO Advanced

I am feeling so much love here. Maybe we need TMO East Coast swag. Not wanting to get into a B.I.G. vs Tupac kind of situation, though. I'm impressed by the dedication and commitment both of these guys have to work up through the NASA ranks. My HPDE dabbling feels a little inadequate now.:(

Apex, Charlotte Roval event with the Mustang Owner's Museum.
    https://www.mustangownersmuseum.com...17dQiuzxRC2nX76m0KJLc9wpwJN-LIkHIUo5Y1nb5GyJA
    I'll be there, and I'd love to meet some fellow TMO guys there.

Apex3V and Bill Pemberton like this.
  6. Duane Black

Duane Black TMO Intermediate

I’m going to be at the Track Night on the 26th and working the ChampCar race the next day

7. Bill Pemberton

Boone,

It truly makes for a more enjoyable time at the track and it gives one some real time ideas on what is working for guys with similar cars. We had 11 TMO members at the last Mustang Roundup , and are anticipating even more than that at this years's Event ( Sept. 12-15 race mph.com ). Heck, with just a few more TMO drivers could comprise 1/4 to 1/3 of all the trackaholics!!

8. Apex3V

I cant make either of those as I'll be out of town :(, Us east coast TMO-members should try and string something together at somewhere kinda in the middle of the map (possibly VIR). It would be cool to see many of us out there...

9. Boone

Boone TMO Advanced

10. Apex3V

I'll look into it,it doesn't seem like a terrible price for VIR. Does it say how many sessions you get each day?

11. Boone

Boone TMO Advanced

IIR, we got at least four sessions per day at 20-25 minutes each. I've run VIR with Tarheel several times, and the biggest difference in the Superfest was the classroom instruction is prioritized with Tarheel. Time on track was about the same.

Apex3V likes this.