The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Auto crossing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Looks like you were on course and clean for each run, you just need to add speed. For first time in 10 years, that's pretty good. Most important question though -- did you have fun?

Actually, I did, this was the first time for me at this track, with this group. I'm used to parking lot autocrossing, this was the first time autocrossing on an actual road course.
Although... winning is fun

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
Good for you, always great to get out and mix it up with the competitors.
Autocrossing on a road course is definitely better then a parking lot.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
This is the track we autocross on, SCCA Track Night runs events here also and a couple of driving schools. Pavement is not good, supposed to be repaved this fall, will see if it happens. There's a million ways to set up a course here so its always interesting. Most of the track can be used for autocross, a few areas are off-limits, don't even think about walking across the skid pad. Also has a good elevation drop running across the track below the #4 location, kind of a valley to drop into and pop out of. Sound isn't an issue, yet, 100 decibels is the current limit. Last thing is 4 wheels off is another no-no, once gets you a warning and second time you are done. The rest of the time we run parking lots. We've had several private tracks proposed in the area but they either get shot down or the money doesn't materialize. Oddly enough the first time I ever drove on this track I was driving a tandem axle plow truck. The track belongs to and is on the property of Dakota County Vo-Tech, mainly used by State Patrol, originally also used for truck driver training.
1687326487402.png

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Cool layout and it does look like you could set up a zillion variations. Nice position to be in , as some folks have limited options at the sites they are able to use.

I was at that event. I won Cam class that day. Sorry I never introduced myself. I wasn’t entirely sure it was you from this forum. Seat time is everything. I’m sure you’ll be back at many more events this year. Is your car fairly well prepped for track days/autocross?
You should've stopped by, I met several old friends that I haven't seen since the demise of FAST, they looked me up because , as they said, there could only be one blacksheep... lol
That is actually my tax write o...eeerrr business name that I use for my contracting out to race teams.
The build on that car is under project superbeater, it's basically a stock 06 GT

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel