The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Auto Blip Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So..
Installing the auto blip in my 06 GT and virtually NONE of the wiring cors are the same as the ones called out in the install.
I checked my 07 shelby and it's a much better match. Not exactly sure where to at this point.
My first thought is to just copy the wire positions in the 07 and hope for the best, but I really really don't want to smoke the electrics.
Still too early for AB to answer their phones I guess.

So, for those scoring at home..these are the pics where the connectors go ACCORDING TO MY 2007. Got it up, programmed and the throttle os a dead player... frigging awesome.20230821_111634.jpg20230821_111956.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, Auto Blip called me back, at this time I had ripped it all back out and this time (3rd) METHODICALLY rewired everything. During the call he mentioned a possible ground issue so I ran the black AB ground to a solid, soldered chassis ground. Reprogrammed it. Test drove it. It works great. It's going to take a bit of getting used to but it's the price I pay for not learning heal n toeing

Last edited:
I wrongly assumed the loom was made to fit the mustang but none of the color wires were correct. Removed the loom cover and made my own and it was easy to install.
Took me 3 attempts to calibrate
Yes. I did the same, and divorced the ground wire. The dude at AB was great

Last edited:
Ok, Auto Blip called me back, at this time I had ripped it all back out and this time (3rd) METHODICALLY rewired everything. During the call he mentioned a possible ground issue so I ran the black AB ground to a solid, soldered chassis ground. Reprogrammed it. Test drove it. It works great. It's going to take a bit of getting used to but it's the price I pay for not learning health n toeing
Glad you got it sorted! Don't forget to turn it off when messing with it. You might just get a surprise at a stop sign, light or in the garage. AB doesn't care about how fast you are going or not going. Don't ask me how I know 🤣.

It's the natural of the beast. We all have to play with something new as soon as we get.... Mine only gets turned on at the track now.

Glad you got it sorted! Don't forget to turn it off when messing with it. You might just get a surprise at a stop sign, light or in the garage. AB doesn't care about how fast you are going or not going. Don't ask me how I know 🤣.

It's the natural of the beast. We all have to play with something new as soon as we get.... Mine only gets turned on at the track now.
I could absolutely see how that could happen. The big thing for me was the fact that there was a wiring color change between 06 n 07. If I didn't have my 07 to refer to, I would've been screwed.

TMO Supporting Vendors