BIG NEWS AT BLOWFISH RACING

Discussion in 'Blowfish Racing' started by pufferfish, Jun 23, 2017.

1. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

Waiting to be the first to order and mount that dang front tow-hook/license plate bracket. Ran into the Adams County Sheriff here a few weeks back and after busting my chops about no front plate, he did say if my car was his, he wouldn't put a front plate on it either. I did tell him there's a solution coming...

2. Racerpilotalan

Racerpilotalan TMO Advanced

I got a similar warning from DPS here a car show a couple weeks ago, just a nice verbal. He was working security for the show. It was young crowd.

3. Stig_v5.0

Stig_v5.0 TMO Intermediate

I can't believe how many of you have hassle from police over front license plates. They're required here in Illinois but I've never had one on any of my sports cars and the only time I've ever gotten hassle was from meter maids in the city of Chicago who will write the ticket if you park on the street without one. Other than that I've never been pulled over for it or even had it mentioned during a stop for anything else. They seem to just not care here.

Although, our neighbor to the East, Indiana, doesn't require them, so I suppose that living so close to there and having a bunch of cross traffic means there's a ton of legal vehicles on the road without them so they probably just stop looking for them at all.

4. TymeSlayer

TymeSlayer Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...

Wish they'd just do away with the requirement here in Colorado but it's the law. Have been told twice about my violation but never ticketed. Seems the boys in blue understand but if I did get a ticket, they'd just be doing their job.

5. Wingrider

Wingrider '11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach

NorCal- Halfway between Laguna and Sonoma.
    Here in CA, the front plate is used for vehicle ID in places like automated bridge tolls. More the case, to link the vehicle with a driver for red light photo radar. All about the revenue.