The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Black and GraySheep 1 , where the rubber hits the road !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
The old Wooly Booly from Florida might just be my brother from another mother ( yep, I was born in the Sunshine State ) because yesterday was his Birthday and his tread is getting down to 3/32nds. The old wool is starting to gray, but at 67 that is to be expected, but we know he is not sheepish about giving us his opinions , especially on tires. He may be a Retread, but he still has some grooves in his profile and he can rotate even better than many youngsters. He won't admit it but he is still a Wheelman, which as we all know is completely different than a Rimman , ha. No pressure, but if you have time you should flat out bolt over to your computer and give the old lug a shout out that he made it this far.

Graysheep 1 is one of the hardest working members on TMO, DOT approved for race attire, and willing to help just about anyone, when he has time. Nice to have the old " Beater " on this site, so tired or retired , he is the Ancient Automotive Rubber Poobah ( AARP ) so when he speaks , do listen.

Enjoy your day you 67 year old Non Virgin Wool Ram !

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
The old Wooly Booly from Florida might just be my brother from another mother ( yep, I was born in the Sunshine State ) because today is his Birthday and his tread is getting down to 3/32nds. The old wool is starting to gray, but at 67 that is to be expected, but we know he is not sheepish about giving us his opinions , especially on tires. He may be a Retread, but he still has some grooves in his profile and he can rotate even better than many youngsters. He won't admit it but he is still a Wheelman, which as we all know is completely different than a Rimman , ha. No pressure, but if you have time you should flat out bolt over to your computer and give the old lug a shout out that he made it this far.

Graysheep 1 is one of the hardest working members on TMO, DOT approved for race attire, and willing to help just about anyone, when he has time. Nice to have the old " Beater " on this site, so tired or retired , he is the Ancient Automotive Rubber Poobah ( AARP ) so when he speaks , do listen.

Likewise to “Graysheep 1” !!

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
If you want to know more about Watts is going on with tires, link over to tireguymafia.com where Rubber Rob also contributes his knowledge about the round air filled automotive support systems.

Yes this is the only kind of Watts link he likes, and watts is going on is just lots of talk you might get " Tired " about!

PS - Enjoy your BD , Rob!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
South Carolina
The old Wooly Booly from Florida might just be my brother from another mother ( yep, I was born in the Sunshine State ) because yesterday was his Birthday and his tread is getting down to 3/32nds. The old wool is starting to gray, but at 67 that is to be expected, but we know he is not sheepish about giving us his opinions , especially on tires. He may be a Retread, but he still has some grooves in his profile and he can rotate even better than many youngsters. He won't admit it but he is still a Wheelman, which as we all know is completely different than a Rimman , ha. No pressure, but if you have time you should flat out bolt over to your computer and give the old lug a shout out that he made it this far.

Happy birthday, young man.

TMO Supporting Vendors