The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Tornado hits Willy Da P's house , but there is even worse news............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well, two hours after getting home on vacation, Liz and I got hit by a tornado but we are doing fine. We got some roof damage, broke the front door, no windows broken, 1/4th of the deck is gone and...............................aargh , my almost new 22 foot ATC Red/Black Enclosed Trailer is in a million pieces. The tornado picked up the ATC trailer , skipped it along part of the house's roof, threw it down on our elevated deck, and then tossed it across the yard into the neighbor's trees and ditch. It is in a million pieces , and a really a lightweight trailer now!! Will send pics when full power is back on, using a generator now to check a few items, and I wanted to let all the folks who kindly dropped me notes on TMO, my email , or text - Liz and I are doing fine!
Thanks especially to GB899 and 12coboss who were checking on my wife and I within minutes that we got hit!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
West
You are both safe. All else can be replaced. You guys are in my prayers.

I live a couple miles south of Bill and filmed the below two videos and yes I am an idiot. In true midwestern style the neighbor and I grabbed a beer and headed to the back yard. We knew this may come our way and we really debated on running, but didn't know which way we would go if we did leave. It was 2 miles to the west of me but then tracked to the east towards Bill's home and which is about 2 miles north of me so I was very fotunate. Once it was past us it seemed as if the thing had doubled in size and the roar of this thing was the most eerie thing I have ever heard. I was in my truck as soon as I ended the second video as I knew someone that lives west of Bill and it missed them, and then went into Bills neighborhood.
Many homes were lost throughout this area, we know a couple people in Minden where much of that town have lost their homes and at this time they will not let anyone in unless you live there. So very thankful and I myself have not heard of any casaulties as a result of these tornado's, but I have been a bit disconnected with no power or internet.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Appreciate you guys, more than you know, and we got power back on about 30 minutes ago. My wife was screaming words of joy, " We can make coffee, honey I think we will survive !!"
Seeing the extreme damage with 250-300 homes damaged or destroyed we were blessed, just some roof/gutter damage, and partially destroyed deck , and..............a really pretty black/red ATC trailer destroyed ( weep, cry, sniffle )!! What many folks have endured with complete loss of their homes , we are extremely lucky!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Appreciate you guys, more than you know, and we got power back on about 30 minutes ago. My wife was screaming words of joy, " We can make coffee, honey I think we will survive !!"
Seeing the extreme damage with 250-300 homes damaged or destroyed we were blessed, just some roof/gutter damage, and partially destroyed deck , and..............a really pretty black/red ATC trailer destroyed ( weep, cry, sniffle )!! What many folks have endured with complete loss of their homes , we are extremely lucky
It could have been worse. Your car could have been in the trailer.

TMO Supporting Vendors