The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Great News about 302Bob !!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I finally got in touch with Bob and he had a really bad fall and went into the ER thinking he had blown out his knee. Once there they found out his fall he had actually broken his ankle extremely severe and after a long surgery he has been kept at a Rehab Hospital. With steel and pins in his ankle he has been unable to put weight on his leg or do much and he does not have access to a computer or anything. He is hoping to be out of the Rehab Hospital in about 10 days and he promised he will make up for lost time with a zillion posts, ha. Good news as we all knew he had a heart attack a couple of years back, but no issues concerning that this time, just a really severe bone break.
It made my day to hear his voice, he sounds good and he told me to tell everyone he misses being on TMO and he was very appreciative folks were worried about him. He said having concerned friends from all over the World on TMO really made his day, and he said it would surely help him heal faster.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
I finally got in touch with Bob and he had a really bad fall and went into the ER thinking he had blown out his knee. Once there they found out his fall he had actually broken his ankle extremely severe and after a long surgery he has been kept at a Rehab Hospital. With steel and pins in his ankle he has been unable to put weight on his leg or do much and he does not have access to a computer or anything. He is hoping to be out of the Rehab Hospital in about 10 days and he promised he will make up for lost time with a zillion posts, ha. Good news as we all knew he had a heart attack a couple of years back, but no issues concerning that this time, just a really severe bone break.
It made my day to hear his voice, he sounds good and he told me to tell everyone he misses being on TMO and he was very appreciative folks were worried about him. He said having concerned friends from all over the World on TMO really made his day, and he said it would surely help him heal faster.
Good lord, we need to make sure Hon has his login info to TMO so she can keep us updated - this is the 2nd time he’s ghosted us. I don’t think I can handle a 3rd.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Thanks for taking the time to track him down and give us the update, Bill. Good to know he should be back to posting like usual in a couple weeks. Best wishes for a speedy recovery going out to him.

TMSBOSS

Spending my pension on car parts and track fees.
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Illinois
Remember he doesn't know how to use a smart phone. You need to sneak someone in with a smart phone that will operate it for him. Glad to hear he is okay.
Damn

Initial planning always falls short when confronted by logic. Nope, I didn’t remember.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Hon relayed the phone messages I left, but I think she is spending alot of time with Bob at the hospital. He did seem in good spirits so once he gets home the computer keys will be getting hammered in Bridgeport, Connecticut! Glad I called as Bob said he was pretty sure she never checked his email, and he was sure she did not view PMs on TMO.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors