The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Blackstop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Where the rubber hits the road, Backsheep 1 is the best brace to help win the race! I am frankly impressed and cool to see the Tire Guru out there throwing rubbers around like he was 21!

Where do they get those super-lightweight rims and tires? The way you toss them around so easily makes them look like they're maybe 10 or 15 pounds. Well done!
about 60 pounds a piece
it's somewhat critical to get the outside tire out of the way so the car won't hit it on the way out, and the inside tire has a tendency to roll on to the back of the tire changer and it's hell hot, so I try to get them out of the way. The front tire changer also dumps the air to the jacks so I reel in his gun and hose so the car doesn't hit that. He is also responsible for releasing the car, so he's a busy guy. I also handle the lollypop to bring the car in. If it all goes right, the tire changers will beat the fueler.
I then need to grab pressures ASAP.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors