The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

BOSS Brakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I haven't been but plan on doing my own brake bleeding going foward. It would be great if one of you did a How To Boss Brake Bleeding thread in the How To section. This would include the order of which brake bleeders are used, torque specs and any other tips. Links to bottles and pressure and vacuum bleeders would be useful too.

I'll take a look for part numbers on what I have as the cap for the MC is not the regular Ford one but is one of the other ones. Also the generic pump, since it is so much cheaper.

I used to do it manual but it is a pita getting someone to help me. The only issues with the motive imo is that you have to be careful getting the cap on since it is metal and will cut the plastic, and the pump is hard to clean the guts so you either have to keep refilling with just a little or just toss it each use. I have yet to find a pump bottle that does not use the same long throat pump at the hardware stores.

But even if you do it manually, I would get the vacuum pump too, as it is cheap and bleeding the clutch is so fast. I am taking it with me to the track from now on and give it a quick bleed between sessions to circulate the fluid and get rid of any bubbles. I'll be skipping the turkey baster step though, that can get messy they probably don't want me spraying alcohol all over to keep things clean.

TMO Supporting Vendors