The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Boss Weight

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Let me apologize in advance if I'm asking an old question, but I couldn't find the answer by searching. How much does the stock LS Boss weigh? Thanks for your help.

Derek
 

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Moderator
8,545
2,376
Arizona, USA
3641 according to C&D...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca-instrumented-test-review

Then add driver weight for true track weight!!
 

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
ArizonaGT said:
3641 according to C&D...

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2013-ford-mustang-boss-302-laguna-seca-instrumented-test-review

Then add driver weight for true track weight!!

Thanks Drew, damn google didn't find that for me either
 
From the technical spec sheet....

Boss 302
BASE CURB WEIGHT
Manual transmission 3,632 pounds
Weight distribution (front/rear) 55/45

Boss 302 Laguna Seca
BASE CURB WEIGHT (pounds)
Manual transmission 3,636 (est.)
Weight distribution (f/r) 55/45 (est.)
 
cloud9 said:
From the technical spec sheet....

Boss 302
BASE CURB WEIGHT
Manual transmission 3,632 pounds
Weight distribution (front/rear) 55/45

Boss 302 Laguna Seca
BASE CURB WEIGHT (pounds)
Manual transmission 3,636 (est.)
Weight distribution (f/r) 55/45 (est.)

That is why I got a regular Boss over the LS, the 4lbs. :p
 
302BOB said:
All along I thought the LS rear seat delete would have made it weigh less than the reg Boss?

You get a rear seat delete but add a metal brace, trans cooling scoop, front splitter, wider rear rims, gauge pack, and different tires. I'm sure i forgot some other weight adding items.
 

SeattleBoss

TrackAttack 9-23-13
86
1
It's still hard for me to understand why my new Boss weighs nearly 400 pounds more than my '70 Boss. I know the new car is actually larger, but it just seems like the lighter weight materials would make up the difference. Very strange.
 

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Moderator
8,545
2,376
Arizona, USA
SeattleBoss said:
It's still hard for me to understand why my new Boss weighs nearly 400 pounds more than my '70 Boss. I know the new car is actually larger, but it just seems like the lighter weight materials would make up the difference. Very strange.

Crash bars in the doors, window motors, airbags x4, emissions gear, sound deadening, seam-sealers, etc
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top