The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brake Dive with SP083

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m looking for reports on how brake dive is with these springs and good tires and pads. NT01’s will be going on soon along with good pads and I’m concerned about how bad/pronounced the brake dive may be. I just have steeda linear springs on PP shocks now which I believe are 200lbs/in and the brake dive with stock pads is definitely more than I’d like. I’ve had coilovers on past cars so know that’s an easy way to solve this, but wondering if I can do SP083 springs with Bilstein B6’s and get away without coilovers. On one hand the SP083’s at 250lbs are 25% stiffer and the B6 valving will help control the weight transfer a lot, but will it be enough to control brake dive reasonably with 100tw tires?

Curious to hear from anyone who have run these springs/shocks and especially anyone who’s moved on to coilovers after this setup @flyhalf

Thanks in advance!

You will be fine.
Nt01 are nit...the best grippy tires.
100tw is relative these days.
Nitto01nis a great tire if youbare looking for consistent/ low wearing tire. Is not the fastest for sure. New tires like A052 (200tw) rt660(200tw) or even re71(200tw)
Are waaay faster and stickier.
My personal advice : test it. Then eventually gomwith the BMR handling springs. It is also depending of what track you go. And the type of braking zone.

Do one day.. And pls report !
Here for help.
Alex

Thank you for the feedback Alex!
Yes I’ve read a lot about NT01’s and actually chose them for their reported consistency and hard wearing, not so much to be fastest. Interesting how fast the new “200tw” tires are though.

I’ll run this new tire with some good pads on the current suspension for a day and see how the car behaves. And good to know that the bmr springs will help noticeably.

Last edited:
A052 can be a couple of sec faster in 2 min track vs nt01. Wearing is actually pretty nice too. I suggest them as next tire (only 18 tho)
What pads are you using (do you have the perf pack brakes?)
Also are those springs linear or progressive?

For now been using the oem pads from the GTPP brakes I put on. Talked with Ken at KNS today and he suggested XP20 front XP10 rear so plan to go with those as I’ve read a number of good things about them as well. One thing is clear about the Ecoboost so far, definitely it being lower powered and possibly also because it’s lighter, it’s been easier on the brakes than I’ve expected and what I’ve read about GT’s.

New wheels are the usual 18x11 square so A052 will be an option. Thanks for the suggestion.

Springs are linear, not a fan of progressives.

TMO Supporting Vendors