The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Brake rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Nova Scotia Canada
Grabbed myself a set of s550 4 pot front callipers recently and am wondering what the best route for rotors is within a low ish budget. I know to never skimp out on pads but Im not to sure if that goes for rotors as well.

I know I need the rotors from a 2007-2012 gt500, im more asking about weather to go slotted, driller and slotted or blank. curious on if any particular brand rotor will be better then other. If I hop on rock auto and order a rotor from them will that be okay or completely insufficient.

Im not overly fast on track as this is only my second season doing lapping. The first season also wasn’t in this car (thanks @Cornerz). So I’m kind of taking this as my first real lapping season

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Okay awesome. I’ve seen some stuff by Raybestos are they any good?
I don't know, I have not run Raybestos rotors. I have run Girodisc, DBA 4 and 5000 series, Ford OEM and Centric. Ford OEM and Centric are the least expensive and held up fine for me.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel