The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Raybestos Rotors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Does anyone run Raybestos slotted rotors? Trying to find a more budget friendly rotor to run with gt500 brake kit

View attachment 92549
When I ran drilled or slotted rotors I found they increased pad wear and the drilled rotors were prone to cracking. I run Ford blanks, have had zero problems with them and pad wear is better.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Stay with slotted and bypass drilled as noted, but I am not much help otherwise, because time on track is not just going fast it is stopping quickly and with plenty of control. More money, but a set of Girodisc two piece rotors are my first choice and when they wear out you can just buy new rings. If overall speed and stopping power is not your goal, go with JDee and just buy Ford blanks.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel