The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Brembo Front Brake Rebuild

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
I have a 2005 Mustang Track Car and its time to replace the rotors, while doing so I stripped down the GT500 F50 Brembo Brake Calipers and boy am I glad I considered a rebuild, basically an issue just waiting to happen with stiff cracked worn seals. The caliper mounting bracket is Ford Racing P/N 90.2356-A . Has anyone here ever mounted a pair of 2015-2020 6 piston Brembo's to that mounting bracket? Do those calipers require an 20/21" wheel?

Is there an upgraded six piston caliper that's plug and play, meaning no suspension work needed to mount the calipers. The new rotors are Full Tilt Boogie Racing FT9400's and I run an 305/35ZR18 on Enkie PF01 wheel.

This is my first pass at doing the brake work myself and the learning curve to make good decisions based on all the options out there is a tad over whelming. Thank you and always keep her between the ditches

I have a 2005 Mustang Track Car and its time to replace the rotors, while doing so I stripped down the GT500 F50 Brembo Brake Calipers and boy am I glad I considered a rebuild, basically an issue just waiting to happen with stiff cracked worn seals. The caliper mounting bracket is Ford Racing P/N 90.2356-A . Has anyone here ever mounted a pair of 2015-2020 6 piston Brembo's to that mounting bracket? Do those calipers require an 20/21" wheel?

Is there an upgraded six piston caliper that's plug and play, meaning no suspension work needed to mount the calipers. The new rotors are Full Tilt Boogie Racing FT9400's and I run an 305/35ZR18 on Enkie PF01 wheel.

This is my first pass at doing the brake work myself and the learning curve to make good decisions based on all the options out there is a tad over whelming. Thank you and always keep her between the ditches
Hi MrAtkins. Welcome to TMO! Don't forget to do a car profile in the S197 section. We would love to see everything that you have done with your track car. The profile will generate a build thread.

You were asking about the 6 piston Brembo upgrade. I'm not completely sure if it works on a 2005 4 piston Brembo car though. I did the upgrade on my car which is a 2012 GT and had stock GT front calipers.

Here is the thread that covers the 6 piston upgrade. You will have to have to make sure that the 6 pistons will clear Enkie PF01 wheels.

Here are the Ford part numbers for the calipers and rotors:
Calipers BRCF430 and BRCF431 ( 2015+ performance pack 6 piston brembo calipers )
OEM Rotors BRRF218 x2 ( 2013-14 15" GT500 rotors )

There are some photos of the parts and installed in my build thread on page 1.

@honeybadger has a great informative YouTube video on caliper refresh/rebuild.
Kevin I hope you don't mind that I posted your vid.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
California
KAZAR197, Sorry for the last response and thank you for all of this valued info. I am going stick with my 4 pot calipers and rebuild them for this season but come later in the year with look into adding a 6 pot system based upon this info.

I have a question for the forum. I run the Ford Racing 90.1297-A Rotor Hats which are steel and power coated black. I found one brand new Racing Hat P/N M-1125-E. The one I found looks like its anodized. My question is are these the same rotor hats in terms of size / hole pattern and what material is used in the M-1125-E steel or aluminum?

Thank You

TMO Supporting Vendors