The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Congratulations to Cloud9!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

For winning the NASA Central Region TT3 Championship in his 2012 Boss 302. Any of you that have seen him drive know that he drives FLAT OUT! Let's hope he can create the same magic in his new GT350 TP. 8)

20420C91-5B96-44EF-A40A-EF75C354D244_zpsggxwr8nv.jpg

And because Gary loves this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8

@cloud9
@Moto
@ArizonaBOSS
@LS110
@Black Boss

I do love that video and it never gets old ;D Thanks Rick :-[ It was actually quite a nice surprise. I literally was out shoveling my driveway in single digit temps and grabbed the mail and there it was in a non-descript priority mail envelope. I knew I was having a pretty good season, but had no idea I won the region. It makes me miss the Boss, but gives me a great memory of it too. Yea the GT350 will force me up to TT2, but looking forward to competing it.

Tucson 302

2013 Black LS #439
Congrats Gary! Just curious what were your weight and horsepower numbers for the boss? I don't even come close to TT3 with mine. I'm firmly in TT2

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Hi Gary,

Wow, that is an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations and all the best to you in your 2016 NASA Central Region Race season.

2015 NASA Central Region TT3 Reigning Champion! Now reading this line has to put a smile on your face!

I sense through your posts that you are a humble man, but winning your class Regional race Championship is a big thing that I hope you get a special moment to celebrate. It really validates your commitment to the sport and I wish you many successes (code for Podium finishes), in 2016.

You make us (Ford Boss 302 Mustang owners), proud!

All the Best, and be safe,
Dave S.
302 Hi Pro

PS: Now get ready to do it again with the GT350.

Gary - Congrats on Region Champion!!

Having chased you many days on the track, this is certainly deserved. You are an incredibly good driver and I feel very fortunate to have learned as much as I have from you. Not only do you understand the mechanics of the car, but you also have a natural ability to find the limits of the car and track, while keeping it safe.

Cool to see you get this and a bit nicer than a coffee mug ;D

John

Tucson302 said:
Congrats Gary! Just curious what were your weight and horsepower numbers for the boss? I don't even come close to TT3 with mine. I'm firmly in TT2
Thanks! Weight is 3600 and hp is 418. Looks like the GT350 is going to be roughly 8.2:1 so need to shed some pounds or open up the exhaust and get a few more ponies :) Definitely in TT2 though.......

302 Hi Pro said:
Hi Gary,

Wow, that is an awesome accomplishment! Congratulations and all the best to you in your 2016 NASA Central Region Race season.

2015 NASA Central Region TT3 Reigning Champion! Now reading this line has to put a smile on your face!

I sense through your posts that you are a humble man, but winning your class Regional race Championship is a big thing that I hope you get a special moment to celebrate. It really validates your commitment to the sport and I wish you many successes (code for Podium finishes), in 2016.

You make us (Ford Boss 302 Mustang owners), proud!

All the Best, and be safe,
Dave S.
302 Hi Pro

PS: Now get ready to do it again with the GT350.
Thanks a lot Dave, I really appreciate you saying that. It was a pleasant surprise to get in the depths of winter and I will try to celebrate a little. Unfortunately my wife wasn't as excited as I was :p

2016 will be interesting as I have a feeling it will be more of a learning and sorting out process with the GT350 to hopefully be more competitive in 2017. It should be fun though and that's what matters most! :)

LS110 said:
Gary - Congrats on Region Champion!!

Having chased you many days on the track, this is certainly deserved. You are an incredibly good driver and I feel very fortunate to have learned as much as I have from you. Not only do you understand the mechanics of the car, but you also have a natural ability to find the limits of the car and track, while keeping it safe.

Cool to see you get this and a bit nicer than a coffee mug ;D

John
Thanks John. The truth is I'm lucky your beast is TT2! It's been so much fun to watch you become such an accomplished hot shoe since we first met at Track Attack. Looking forward to many great events with you in 2016.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Waco, TX
Congrats Gary.

It was really great to see how you push the car and make it work. So many lessons learned and knowledge of the platform and what works and what doesn't. May your 350 bring you continued success in the 16 track season.

Thanks guys. It's fun to see Mustangs being so competitive in the road race world after so many years of just being thought of as straight line cars. Kudos to Ford for delivering world class performance at a very affordable price.

drano38

Wayne
Congrats Gary!
Its always fun watching you on track, with the intensity and determination it takes to earn this award.

GB899

NO REGRETS
Nebraska
Congratulations for a job well done...
Does this mean the alfalfa is now safe at MPH?
I sure hope not... too much fun to watch...lol
looking forward to seeing the shelby on track with you behind the wheel...

Rob...
GB899 from Omaha

Thanks Wayne and Rob. If the alfalfa's safe I won't be winning any hardware. Unfortunately I have to drive on the razor's edge to even try and be competitive and I'm not good enough to not occasionally go over it. :-[

Congrats Gary! Great job, and I'm sure you'll be tearing up the tracks in the new GT350 in pretty short order.

That video is pretty funny. We had a guy like that in NASA Rocky Mtn a few years ago, except he spent a lot of time off track trying to keep up with our "slow" Mustangs. Though I must admit, many of us ARE slow compared to you.

Congrats

TMO Supporting Vendors