The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

COTA

Just watched the Rolex highlights, the CTSCC is not up yet. First the curbing looks to out of control there, several wrecks because of that. Second the turns are so tight and more then 90 degrees at several places it sets up automatic wrecks when the guys are racing hard. Yea everybody like to watch the wrecks but it is more fun to watch these guys racing hard side by side and trying to out-brake one another. Seems that at COTA that is hard to do without making (sometimes hard) contact.

Maybe I am just down on that track after they canceled all track days but I would rather watch a race at Laguna Seca, Road America or many other tracks. It is one thing for a track to have some technical areas but I think COTA went overboard with this.
 

Sesshomurai

I'm sure its FIA standard curbing.

But it's a beautiful track and facility. Lots of passing places, but technically difficult. It was funny watching Pruett slam that curb and blow the front clip off his car and 6' into the air. Congrats to Alex Gurney and co.
 

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
YellowBoss said:
Maybe I am just down on that track after they canceled all track days but I would rather watch a race at Laguna Seca, Road America or many other tracks. It is one thing for a track to have some technical areas but I think COTA went overboard with this.

I'll let you know how bad the curbing is (or isn't) when I'm out there in June with BMWCCA. 2 days of instructing and 1 day to learn the track :)
 
1,437
352
JScheier said:
I'll let you know how bad the curbing is (or isn't) when I'm out there in June with BMWCCA. 2 days of instructing and 1 day to learn the track :)

Hmm... What's that I feel? Oh yeah, jealousy. :D

I'll have to make do with a few trips to Laguna Seca and a trip or two to Sears Point. :)
 
Fat Boss said:
Hmm... What's that I feel? Oh yeah, jealousy. :D

I'll have to make do with a few trips to Laguna Seca and a trip or two to Sears Point. :)
We need to get you to Thunder Hill this year. ;) If I can make the drive to LS...
 
1,437
352
NFSBOSS said:
We need to get you to Thunder Hill this year. ;) If I can make the drive to LS...

Are you saying that Thunder Hill is as good as Laguna Seca? I will try to make it up there this year. Maybe in the fall with the Shelby Club.

http://www.norcal-saac.org/track/schedule.html
 

JScheier

Too Hot for the Boss!
Fat Boss said:
Hmm... What's that I feel? Oh yeah, jealousy. :D

We'll see. I have a feeling it isn't going to be as 'fun' as usual just because of all of the rules and the fear associated with 'soiling' the track and/or facilities.
 
1,437
352
NFSBOSS said:
They're all fun. TH is faster with lots of runoff room. It also has a mini corkscrew. ;)

I will probably go with the Shelby Club Oct 12-13, plus maybe one more day likely in the fall as well. I'm also still eager to see what might become of the LS event that is TBD.
 

TMO Supporting Vendors

Top