The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Coyote Timing Chains

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Basically never, the engines are sealed units by Roush with a 50 hour time limit. I have a lot of experience with the "old style" 4 cam fords and they just do not have an issue with timing chains. I've seen some with 150K on them and still going strong. What seems to wear out is the guides more than anything.

None whatsoever, the only time we had an issue with oil pressure was when we ran over some debris and cut a line from the cooler at Daytona. The Accusump saved it though. I know the Roush motors have different rod bolts, are .020 over and have decent valve springs. As I recall we do use the road race pan and pickup

TMO Supporting Vendors