The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom graphics, where do you all get them ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Michigan
Where can I get something like this made? Removable reusable. Ideally I would like to have them on a clear reusable carrier encompassing the number and the white and black parallelograms. Suggestions on how to approach and a good vendor to produce them?

Mach Graphics.JPG

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Removable reusable.
+1 for DaveW at SPS. Maybe do magnetic instead of temporary vinyl - it lasts longer. If using magnets on track, apply a bit of clear "helicopter tape" or similar to hold the leading edge down to the car to ensure they don't blow off at high speed.

Looking at the pic, the black bar is going across the door / rear quarter joint, so it needs to be two pieces and you'll always have that joint line showing. If you move it forward, so the trailing edge matches the edge of the door, it would be one piece, easier to apply, and I think it would look cleaner.

SPS can do an outline color on the numbers - maybe black with a white outline would tie the numbers into the lower stripe colors. The black & white blocks don't really "speak" to me (nothing against your design skills - I have very little). Would doing the numbers in black with a white ouline to match the stripe could eliminate the need for the blocks in your mind?

Last thing - "Euro Racer Slant" seems to have the number style that most closely matches your pic, but it doesn't have a "left" version on the SPS website. Ask Dave about that.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Michigan
Thanks Dave W’s, appreciate the feedback.

Was using the FP350s as inspiration. Don’t mind it bridging the door cut line, we can manage. Looks even more odd when moved forward.

Thought the latest trick was to put vinyl graphics on clear window film and some window films are cling vs adhesive ? I could be making it up….

IMG_0966.jpeg

Thought the latest trick was to put vinyl graphics on clear window film and some window films are cling vs adhesive ? I could be making it up….
That is a thing, but you won't like the performance of static cling. It is very finicky to install and then is super senstitive to heat and temp changes and may want to blow off. The cling materials are designed for static point of sale and window type stuff.

Do you need it all to be on and off for every event? Seeing what you want to do, I would lean towards doing the gray and black accents in wrap material and the numbers themselves in reusable vinyl. The accents then would be removable damage free at the enc of a season or whatever but not _reusable_ and then the numbers come on and off.

DaveW

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Michigan
Thinking maybe all as individual reusable vinyl pieces and then I can change it up as often as I want. Moved them around a bit below. I would most likely remove after each event. Talking about 5-6 events a season. Just trying to do something different than a meat ball and/or numbers.

Who did the FP350s graphics ? I like the front fender door decal with number but I don't have the fent feature that they tie into.

Mach Graphics 2.JPG

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Okay, I see the visual reference to the FP350S graphics, but I think having just 1 block of each color doesn't make the tie-in strongly enough. The FP350S also has color blocks on the B-pillar and around the rear quarter window. Although to me, there's still too much "empty space" between the upper and lower color blocks on the FP350S. It also doesn't have the sill strip that your car does - I tried to tie my design into the sill stripe.

I'm no designer, but I tried to do something in Paint using the general concept of FP350S. The color blocks can be done in permanent vinyl, and the numbers can be magnets. For the color bocks, you can pull them off at the end of the season and put new ones on for the next if you prefer. They're simple shapes and solid colors, so you could get enough bulk vinyl in the 2 colors for several years and do them yourself. Note that there's a section of black vinyl over the B-pilar. Doing outlined numbers is hard in Paint, but you get the idea. The white outline needs to be pretty thick to make a good contrast betwen the blue car and black numbers.
1705892388070.png

@Mjschneidy I was able to get ahold of the guy that did the GT350 Track attack decals/Ford racing school and had the same setup done for my S197. I had him do magnets for the sides and stickers for the hood and rear bumper. I might still have his contact info if that's something you might like. Just the numbers not all the other stuff
Here is a borrowed picture of one of the blue cars for reference.10790d1538617962-gt350-track-attack-b33dafcd-bdcb-460c-b2b5-9ddb90a896b1-2547430157.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Michigan
Okay, I see the visual reference to the FP350S graphics, but I think having just 1 block of each color doesn't make the tie-in strongly enough. The FP350S also has color blocks on the B-pillar and around the rear quarter window. Although to me, there's still too much "empty space" between the upper and lower color blocks on the FP350S. It also doesn't have the sill strip that your car does - I tried to tie my design into the sill stripe.

I'm no designer, but I tried to do something in Paint using the general concept of FP350S. The color blocks can be done in permanent vinyl, and the numbers can be magnets. For the color bocks, you can pull them off at the end of the season and put new ones on for the next if you prefer. They're simple shapes and solid colors, so you could get enough bulk vinyl in the 2 colors for several years and do them yourself. Note that there's a section of black vinyl over the B-pilar. Doing outlined numbers is hard in Paint, but you get the idea. The white outline needs to be pretty thick to make a good contrast betwen the blue car and black numbers.
View attachment 92582

Thanks Dave_W appreciate the suggestion. I do think I want to keep it simpler, to me its gets busy quickly with the factory Mach 1 rocker stripe.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Soloperformance.com
So cool to have big DaveW on TMO and for those who have autocrossed for decades, not only is DaveW a member here, a staunch CAMC driver ( when he is not jumping around to CP because his on site store is busy ), his business has been supplying decals and graphics to racers for over 25 years. So many of us buy other things from him ( he has safety equipment, track supplies and so much more ) we often forget the business started doing numbers, decals, etc. for drivers.

You can not go wrong dealing with my good friend and he and his wife Liz are often at many events offering support that is hard to find with amateur motorsports.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Michigan
Soloperformance.com
So cool to have big DaveW on TMO and for those who have autocrossed for decades, not only is DaveW a member here, a staunch CAMC driver ( when he is not jumping around to CP because his on site store is busy ), his business has been supplying decals and graphics to racers for over 25 years. So many of us buy other things from him ( he has safety equipment, track supplies and so much more ) we often forget the business started doing numbers, decals, etc. for drivers.

You can not go wrong dealing with my good friend and he and his wife Liz are often at many events offering support that is hard to find with amateur motorsports.
Order placed yesterday with Dave per the overwhelming recommendations. Thanks TMO for the feedback and supporting a small business.

TMO Supporting Vendors