The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Daytona 2024

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Hey, fingers crossed everything goes smoothly this weekend for the Roar, and good luck next weekend! Hoping IMSA doesn't BoP the Mustangs to death.
Call me a cynic, but I've always felt that with IMSA it's a matter of whoever brought the biggest cheque gets the best BOP. Nascar was replete with payola back in the day, and that stink never goes away completely. And of course, Nascar owns IMSA.
Who doesn't love a good conspiracy theory? :D :D :D

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Have to agree with JDee , but I think it is indicative of about every Sports Car Series. Bigger sponsors seem to often get the breaks over those Manufacturers who spent less. Saw it often years back with SCCA, World Challenge and others. To some degree I had to admit, Marketing Directors were just better with some Companies.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
Scrambling to fit tires...
6 sets of wheels are stuck in the snow someplace. I have to play chess to make sure I have the cars fitted and not bump the IFR tire allocation per car restriction.
Me too!
Only I'm just waiting on 1 set of Apex wheels.:)

In the V6L
Looks like Forgeline is having to build us new sets and send them next day air.
Weather has always been a factor in car racing, but usually it's the on-track conditions. Having critical stuff stuck somewhere because of bad weather is a lot rarer, I expect. Thing is, there are a shocking number of flight delays and cancellations these days as well. Perhaps you could get them shipped by ballistic missile, or maybe quantum tunneling?

TMO Supporting Vendors