The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dealer here wont let me test drive a Focus ST!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Try Don Hinds Ford in Noblesville. Bought my DD fusion there and seemed pretty nice. Had several ST's there at the time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I would highly recommend Ray Skillman Ford. They have a huge inventory, and the Skillman family are just good people. I spend a lot of time with them when they are racing their Cobra Jets, and your could not find a nicer bunch of folks. Even though I split my time between Atlanta & Vermont my next vehicle will be purchased from them in Indy.

I agree with Ray Skillman as well. Always hear good things about them just never bought vehicle from them. Looks like they have quite a few ST's online as well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Since we are throwing out suggestions, take a gander at Geiser Ford. Yea it's in Illinois, but they found me my Boss when I was denied at several other dealers, or they tried to charge me 52k and up for a NON Laguna Seca car. One dealership even argued with me on the HP ratings on the 2012 and 2013 model year bosses....

However Harlan (owner of Geiser Ford) takes care of people. Superb guy. Fantastic customer service and can pert near find you anything. Anywho that is my input on that. If you are at all interested PM me.

Good luck in your search.

I went to a dealership here in north dallas, mitsubishi dealer, to test drive an Evo.

They had no fewer than 18 evos in stock. And for some reason like 17 of them were white.

I walk in, during a slow time of day, and rock right up to the dude in front and say "Good Day, Sir.. I'd like to test drive an Evo".

Dude's like "woah, we don't let people just walk in and test drive the Evo"

I said "wow, how do you sell them?"

Now, i'm not some kid on a skateboard... I'm a typical 37 year old white dude... I was thinking "if they don't *let* me drive the car, who the heck *would* they let drive it?"

I had to ask to escalate it to the sales manager just to get approval to drive the car.

It was nuts. Maybe they think they can fetch higher prices, on average, by acting like it's so very exclusive... but they had 18 cars all unsold!

So, it happens everywhere.

Bob said:
I went to a dealership here in north dallas, mitsubishi dealer, to test drive an Evo.

They had no fewer than 18 evos in stock. And for some reason like 17 of them were white.

I walk in, during a slow time of day, and rock right up to the dude in front and say "Good Day, Sir.. I'd like to test drive an Evo".

Dude's like "woah, we don't let people just walk in and test drive the Evo"

I said "wow, how do you sell them?"

Now, i'm not some kid on a skateboard... I'm a typical 37 year old white dude... I was thinking "if they don't *let* me drive the car, who the heck *would* they let drive it?"

I had to ask to escalate it to the sales manager just to get approval to drive the car.

It was nuts. Maybe they think they can fetch higher prices, on average, by acting like it's so very exclusive... but they had 18 cars all unsold!

So, it happens everywhere.
Wow, I'm impressed that you even found a Mitsubishi dealer. ;D

mcmmotorsports said:
Yes and the Boss is just a Mustang. ::)

I think he just means that it's not a numbered, limited edition car. It's just a $25K car. The F150 starts at $25K and can easily double that price. Do you think the GM of the dealership has to be alerted for special permission anytime somebody wants to drive an F150? Data point: approximately three F150s are sold every minute.

There are good dealers and bad dealers. Find the good ones and give them your business. Then spread the word.

mcmmotorsports said:
Uh...wanna run that by me again? BUWHAHAHA

Yes, I suppose 13,575 is limited edition. ::)

I honestly had never heard Ford claim that it was limited edition. However, I accept your evidence and have corrected my earlier statement, which is otherwise not diminished in any way. Some dealerships aren't allowing test drives of a car that doesn't cost as much as an optioned Toyota Camry. "Limited" edition or not, that doesn't make any sense.

But, thanks for the education. You got me. ;)

mcmmotorsports said:
Hey, don't shoot the messenger. ;)

Oh, I'm not. I'm looking right at Ford when I roll my eyes.

And congrats on the car. I really, really want one. But, I can't afford it right now, so instead, I will just wait on this bit of unobtainium and hope that hell freezes over.

2013-ford-focus-st-wagon-test-mule-photo-454628-s-1280x782.jpg

The dealers probably expect a different crowd to be interested in the ST. The younger, more prone to beat the crap out of a car they don't own crowd. That is why they probably have the policy, just to keep away people who just want a joy ride. I know the dealer that I got the Boss from had a rice version of the Genesis there and had that problem.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Well considering I drove up in my boss I would hope they would have thought wiser. Oh well I'm no longer looking to buy one now. When I do it won't be at that dealership that's for sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In my opinion, for what it's worth, "Limited Edition" should apply to a production run of 5000 cars or less for a model year..over 10,000 cars in a model year is stretching the term " Limited Edition". If you limit production to 50,000 cars, is it still a limited production run? I guess technically it is. The Boss was a true Limited Edition car!

BOSS343

Theory of 1
Know what I wish? That my ST came with the same bumper and bumper cover the Euro ones do, with the little slot/plug in the bumper cover that hides a threaded tow hook attachment point. Yup they get all the neat stuff.

BOSS343 said:
Know what I wish? That my ST came with the same bumper and bumper cover the Euro ones do, with the little slot/plug in the bumper cover that hides a threaded tow hook attachment point. Yup they get all the neat stuff.

My Veloster Turbo has that!!!! Yes I bought a Hyundai. So shoot me. ::)

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel