The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Deleted.. damaged

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Re: FS: 2 Nitto NT01 305/35-18

That's a good price.

Maybe I would be interested, but maybe someone can answer a quick question. I bought some 11 inch rims but haven't bought tires yet. Still saving up. I was thinking of going with NT01, but since my LS suspension is bone stock, no cc plates either, I was going to keep the same spread between front and rear tires (stock front 255 and rear 285...30 spread) so if I go with the 305 on front and 315 rear ( which will fit on rims) because the spread is only 15 from front to rear is that a big problem? Will the car oversteer versus the understeer I get now? Or is it no big deal and the spread of 15 won't make a noticeable difference. Thanks that will help me decide if I am interested.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Geez..LOL I can't believe I can't subtract. But I will await a few more responses....but good point I could still get those for the rear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Thanks Rick for the help.As i am new also to this, you would either have to stiffen the front or loosen the rear for a square(or close to it) setup

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas

I run 305 square and do not have an oversteer problem...there are other ways you can tune the suspension to compensate for this...smaller rear sway bar, softer spring, adjustable dampers that you can soften in the rear, lower tire pressures, etc. I prefer monster turn in to horrible understeer. For me a drivers car will turn in for you and you control the oversteer with with brake and throttle application. It's so much more fun bringing the tail out than it is getting frustrated with the front end washing out and pushing. Understeer is safer but oversteer is so much more fun.

cobrarob

11 Shelby GT500
new york

Flyboygsxr said:
I run 305 square and do not have an oversteer problem...there are other ways you can tune the suspension to compensate for this...smaller rear sway bar, softer spring, adjustable dampers that you can soften in the rear, lower tire pressures, etc. I prefer monster turn in to horrible understeer. For me a drivers car will turn in for you and you control the oversteer with with brake and throttle application. It's so much more fun bringing the tail out than it is getting frustrated with the front end washing out and pushing. Understeer is safer but oversteer is so much more fun.

You guys helped me last year when I went square! With the setup and building up to speed. What tires and wheels do you run?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel