The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

DOW 23,000+ today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I’m expecting it to take some time to fill the price range between here and making new highs and if I’m wrong, tgat itll simply blow through to new highs and crack 30k.
This was from 8/27.

I had to check wether I knew what I was talking about. ;)

——

30,046.24 +454.97
1B7A6A8C-FBDE-4F0D-87AD-92A865044511.jpeg

Grant- What does your Magic 8 Ball / Ouija Board say for the future of LRCX? It's now blown through all my predictions. I sold a little to pay vet bills and do some concrete work.

The Covid recession will go down as one of the greatest investment opportunities in US history.
4E891ABF-44D3-4312-B512-2F2725CD43AC.jpeg

Grant 302

Grant- What does your Magic 8 Ball / Ouija Board say for the future of LRCX? It's now blown through all my predictions. I sold a little to pay vet bills and do some concrete work.

Lol. I’m looking to you for guidance!

For long term holdings, I have a tendency to recover the capital from ones that ‘fold’. First consideration is to sell in the 2x-3x range. Sell at minimum the amount spent on the original purchase(s). Play with the rest like ‘house money’.

It’s not on my radar for sale before the end of the year. I have enough to deal with as is.

For a ‘swing trading’ view, I’d put it on a ‘trailing’ stop loss order and let it ride. Using the low from the past week or two (or more), that would put it at about $400 or $425 for the stop loss order. I’d move that up if it goes higher hence the ‘trailing stop’ strategy. Part, whole, or layered...up to you. But this would automatically catch any significant downturn with this practice.

If your options savvy, covered calls or collar strategies might be in order.

Also depends if you intend to re-buy on the future dips.

The Covid recession will go down as one of the greatest investment opportunities in US history.

It was just dumb luck that I was sitting on the sidelines as we entered the debacle. Although I could have pushed even more into the market in March, I'm certainly content with the returns I got with the investments I made.

For long term holdings, I have a tendency to recover the capital from ones that ‘fold’. First consideration is to sell in the 2x-3x range. Sell at minimum the amount spent on the original purchase(s). Play with the rest like ‘house money’.

It’s not on my radar for sale before the end of the year. I have enough to deal with as is.

For a ‘swing trading’ view, I’d put it on a ‘trailing’ stop loss order and let it ride. Using the low from the past week or two (or more), that would put it at about $400 or $425 for the stop loss order. I’d move that up if it goes higher hence the ‘trailing stop’ strategy. Part, whole, or layered...up to you. But this would automatically catch any significant downturn with this practice.

If your options savvy, covered calls or collar strategies might be in order.

Also depends if you intend to re-buy on the future dips.

I'm just going to hold at this point. I sold some shares to pay some hefty vet bills and do some concrete work at the house. We're now well beyond what I would ever have guessed for LRCX in such a short period of time. The bulk of my shares are un-vested since I haven't even been back at Lam for two years, so I couldn't sell them if I wanted to. Luckily, our stock purchase plan has our $199 buy price locked in for our purchase in May 2021. I'm maxing out those contributions.

Grant 302

It was just dumb luck that I was sitting on the sidelines as we entered the debacle. Although I could have pushed even more into the market in March, I'm certainly content with the returns I got with the investments I made.

I'm just going to hold at this point. I sold some shares to pay some hefty vet bills and do some concrete work at the house. We're now well beyond what I would ever have guessed for LRCX in such a short period of time. The bulk of my shares are un-vested since I haven't even been back at Lam for two years, so I couldn't sell them if I wanted to. Luckily, our stock purchase plan has our $199 buy price locked in for our purchase in May 2021. I'm maxing out those contributions.
Nothing wrong with holding.

This is an example of how I’d use the trailing stop loss:8F93E767-5B12-4D59-BAF9-454B5DDB1E99.jpeg

Wether it’s linear or parabolic setting it under the ‘noise’ level would keep you from missing out on the large gains but also prevent the ‘surprise’ losses.

With the recent moves, a $450ish stop loss is about what I’d consider, moving up from the $400-$425 range I mentioned earlier.

OK, FWIW a guy in my group at work has been at LRCX for 35 years. Who does that these days? Anyway, he's the recognized stock price guru in our group and my boss actually starts each staff meeting with the latest stock talk. This guy has a model that shows it pulling back from the current $495 to about $410, then climbing back up.

My mom sold hers last week. She bought at $190. She does well in the market.

Grant 302

OK, FWIW a guy in my group at work has been at LRCX for 35 years. Who does that these days? Anyway, he's the recognized stock price guru in our group and my boss actually starts each staff meeting with the latest stock talk. This guy has a model that shows it pulling back from the current $495 to about $410, then climbing back up.

My mom sold hers last week. She bought at $190. She does well in the market.
I mean on fundamentals!

I have no plans to sell and consider the ~3% yield decent for sitting near 200% unrealized gains. And just about everything I do in December is for tax management purposes. No need to give almost half the gains away.

I don’t really look to others for technical (trading) guidance. ;)

Grant 302

This guy has a model that shows it pulling back from the current $495 to about $410, then climbing back up.

Well I’m glad your coworker ‘guru’ wasn’t right about the $410 target. Looks like support held above the $450 level, and that a stop-loss there would not have executed. I hope you’re enjoying the new highs.

Otherwise, enjoying new highs despite the rest of the crap going on in the national news. Long term targets at 33k and about 37k.

It’s still my macro view that remaining on the sidelines will ‘cost’ individuals that don’t participate.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Chicken Little here. 🙈

I'm back for a newsflash. Taxes will rise, manufacturing will slow, inflation will balloon and any of us slobs left in the middle class will be sucked down into the lower class. Mark my words, a correction is coming and it's going to hurt. Like sliding down a razor blade banister buck naked kind of hurt. Been around long enough to know that the smell of what we're all standing in ain't no bed of roses. The market reminds me of the guy who does everything to make his Mustang go faster but neglected to think about what it might do to him and his engine. There's just not enough here to sustain this crazy rise. JMHO. I wish all you riding this wave success.

1610057179273.png
😜;)o_O:p😅😚🤪

Grant 302

I agree on the inflation. And some of the secondary effects you listed. But I think that’s the wrong conclusion to draw.

The forthcoming inflation cycle will mean current dollars will be worth less, but property and assets will be worth more numerically in those future devalued dollars.

I mentioned a while back in here about (FatBoss) buying a house with market gains. I think that still applies.

Oh, and hedge like your money matters to you. ;)

Well I’m glad your coworker ‘guru’ wasn’t right about the $410 target. Looks like support held above the $450 level, and that a stop-loss there would not have executed. I hope you’re enjoying the new highs.

Otherwise, enjoying new highs despite the rest of the crap going on in the national news. Long term targets at 33k and about 37k.

It’s still my macro view that remaining on the sidelines will ‘cost’ individuals that don’t participate.

He's usually talking over a year to eighteen month horizon, so it might be too soon to call that wrong. I am enjoying the new highs for sure. I'm almost fully invested now, probably 95%.

I agree on the inflation. And some of the secondary effects you listed. But I think that’s the wrong conclusion to draw.

The forthcoming inflation cycle will mean current dollars will be worth less, but property and assets will be worth more numerically in those future devalued dollars.

I mentioned a while back in here about (FatBoss) buying a house with market gains. I think that still applies.

Oh, and hedge like your money matters to you. ;)

I'm still a few years away from buying a new house, but you never know if LRCX keeps charging.

Grant 302

Im in calls for GE, PLUG,and MARA.... my long term commons are tlry, jpm (inflations coming), pdx and tell

i made a good profit on the dogecoin 24hr psychosis when elon said “Dogecoin” and everyone bought. My long plays

Recalling our earlier (a while back) discussion...is the money used for your investements since better off invested or paying down your mortgage?

Grant 302

He's usually talking over a year to eighteen month horizon, so it might be too soon to call that wrong. I am enjoying the new highs for sure. I'm almost fully invested now, probably 95%.
It would have to blow through a few support levels to get there. Not calling it impossible, just don’t see how it gets there without some bad fundamental news.

I'm still a few years away from buying a new house, but you never know if LRCX keeps charging.
Let’s hope. And maybe I need to look at its options again with a more speculative view.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Paying down your Debt (especially a mortgage) is a great idea if your flush with cash. If you have some left over, I think renewable energy and cannabis stocks will grow with the new administration. And Banks could be good long term because interest rates WILL rise in the coming years and that's good for banks. It will take some tyme of course but it's going to happen.

It would have to blow through a few support levels to get there. Not calling it impossible, just don’t see how it gets there without some bad fundamental news.

Let’s hope. And maybe I need to look at its options again with a more speculative view.

Just ignore anything I have to say about LRCX. Now up $36 today @ $562 at time of press...

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel