The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 dragoon ‘21 Mach1 HP Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
The snow storm brought 8” of heavy wet concrete snow with 1” of slush if you cleared it off before the it ended. Got up to 51* so lots of melting but our village DPW was out in force spreading salt like no tomorrow. (Yes, I know it’s a safety factor but geez, laying it down like it’s a gravel road) My old man time line now is not uncovering the mustang for like another 2 weeks or so. In the wait, I’m doing a motorcycle LEGO to pass the time.

IMG_3573.jpeg

IMG_3574.jpeg

IMG_3575.jpeg

IMG_3576.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Got the Lego Yamaha done awhile back since posting last. Pics later. Finally got my 2 front RT660 tires, short supply, they’re the “it” tire in endurance events and auto cross so I waited some till they arrived. Got them mounted & balanced last Thursday. Will get them on the car tomorrow. RA in 2 weeks and it takes me forever, car swap, trailer swap, garage change over so I gotta get a fire under my ass. Photo of carbon fiber side sill left on track by spun out car last year at autobahn. @Kona.coyote5.0 was there that day. NSX in front of me got the screw and had a flat but limped around to the paddock.

IMG_3628.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Just spent a fantastic weekend at Mid-Ohio !! @Vettel-ish was our paddock neighbor. NASA is by far the most legit organization that I encountered in my HPDE career. Excellent approach to making me ready for self improvement with drills, after track briefs and conversation with the other group drivers. Met some other members ( @steveespo ) and their bad ass cars. So many that names are hard for me to remember but their cars, not so much. Didn’t take but 2 photos all weekend but the memories, I have a million !!

IMG_3718.jpeg

IMG_3717.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Well, my paddock queen took some photos on her phone so here they are. In no particular order. The one that has the thunderhead in it was like a lightning show all Thursday evening after we set up.

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_1017.jpeg

IMG_1016.jpeg

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1031.jpeg

IMG_1020.jpeg

IMG_1025.jpeg

IMG_1029.jpeg

IMG_1028.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Well finally got the factory set screws removed from the factory camber plates and a proper track alignment done @Middleton Motorsports last Friday. Awesome shop with professionals who know mustangs and Shelby’s among other super cars. Jim, service director, called me like a hour after I emailed him last Tuesday. Wanted to be a “waiter” while work was being done & Jim said no problem as I live only 55 miles away And Friday was free on his schedule . Got there bright and early & greeted by Jim, Doug the pro tech, and my new service advisor Sean. Went over the car, discussed what the track alignment involves, agreed upon the limits of the factory installed stuff & went from there. Doug dialed in what he could and was happy with the outcome as so was myself and Jim. Well balanced alignment & should provide tons of fun at my next track day at Road America, fourth of July weekend. I found my new shop to take my Ford vehicles to for the professional service they deserve. MM has a great aftermarket parts department for some go fast, track proven if that’s the direction I want to go down the road !! Sponsored business of TMO, check them out !!

IMG_3761.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
@Middleton Motorsports is the legit professional shop to take your mustang or Shelby, full tilt race or weekend track warrior. They love your car as much as you do. This is my personal experience and opinion, I’m an unpaid spokesman but their rates are pretty decent. Thanks Sean !!, and Doug, you treated my car like your own and especially Jim, your hospitality is second to none !! You have not seen the last of me.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel