The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 dragoon ‘21 Mach1 HP Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Ok, Jay the NASA rep got back to me on some questions (Jay is really quick on replies as I just emailed him yesterday ) I had about Mid-Ohio in May. You can stay all weekend with your car, car hauler and tow vehicle while in the paddock. If you paddock park on the grass area, it will make more comfortable camping if you pitch a tent Or want the grass in lieu of the asphalt. If you bring a “toy hauler”, you can spend the weekend in that as well while in the paddock. I did not ask about electricity provisions. The food concessions should be open from approximately 10am till 2pm. Jay said they have some pretty good lunch food and might even have some late breakfast. There are showers and permanent bath rooms. If you’re not spending the night at the track, there is a Mid-Ohio Track sponsored hotel about 7 miles SE of the track. There is load in Thursday between 5pm - 6pm. Any other things that I didn’t cover, Jay is super helpful and can be reached at : [email protected]
We’re going to show up Friday afternoon to set up for the weekend and spectate the track & paddock goings on, scope out the track and grounds plus hopefully see some on track activity. See you there !!

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Ok, Jay the NASA rep got back to me on some questions (Jay is really quick on replies as I just emailed him yesterday ) I had about Mid-Ohio in May. You can stay all weekend with your car, car hauler and tow vehicle while in the paddock. If you paddock park on the grass area, it will make more comfortable camping if you pitch a tent Or want the grass in lieu of the asphalt. If you bring a “toy hauler”, you can spend the weekend in that as well while in the paddock. I did not ask about electricity provisions. The food concessions should be open from approximately 10am till 2pm. Jay said they have some pretty good lunch food and might even have some late breakfast. There are showers and permanent bath rooms. If you’re not spending the night at the track, there is a Mid-Ohio Track sponsored hotel about 7 miles SE of the track. There is load in Thursday between 5pm - 6pm. Any other things that I didn’t cover, Jay is super helpful and can be reached at : [email protected]
We’re going to show up Friday afternoon to set up for the weekend and spectate the track & paddock goings on, scope out the track and grounds plus hopefully see some on track activity. See you there !!

Great update Mark. I will be coming in Thursday night and sleeping in the rig the whole weekend.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
NASA Mid-Ohio in May. Some other things I looked into is fuel and groceries. Gas stations (besides the Sunoco at the track) are right over east in Lexington. There’s a BP and a Marathon. Grocery stores are in Mansfield which is pretty far from the track. I can‘t believe there’s no food stores in Lexington ?? There is a Walmart Super Center east of Lexington up by the interstate. Maybe that’s were the locals go ? There’s plenty of fast food around and some local restaurants that look interesting.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
NASA Mid-Ohio in May. Some other things I looked into is fuel and groceries. Gas stations (besides the Sunoco at the track) are right over east in Lexington. There’s a BP and a Marathon. Grocery stores are in Mansfield which is pretty far from the track. I can‘t believe there’s no food stores in Lexington ?? There is a Walmart Super Center east of Lexington up by the interstate. Maybe that’s were the locals go ? There’s plenty of fast food around and some local restaurants that look interesting.

Going to try cooking at the track with the new trailer setup. I would not mind cooking for you if you provide the food.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Going to try cooking at the track with the new trailer setup. I would not mind cooking for you if you provide the food.
Working on menu. What ya using at the paddock for fuel source , propane, charcoal or wood ?? We have a small Weber smokie joe and a small Coleman propane camp stove so if you need us to bring them, no big deal.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
i’ll be there friday sleeping in my trailer with the inflatable matress and doll i bought

At least you won’t be sleeping alone. 😘

You can always cuddle with me if your the big spoon..
Tony only mentioned an inflatable mattress. If it was an inflatable doll, I think Tony would be up front about that & said that ? Plus he only said Friday, nothing about Saturday. But, we are talking about Tony here so ……….

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Wisconsin
Working on menu. What ya using at the paddock for fuel source , propane, charcoal or wood ?? We have a small Weber smokie joe and a small Coleman propane camp stove so if you need us to bring them, no big deal.

Thinking Chicken sandwich of some sort with a good side. Maybe grilled asparagus. I have a Coleman full size propane cooktop

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
Tony only mentioned an inflatable mattress. If it was an inflatable doll, I think Tony would be up front about that & said that ? Plus he only said Friday, nothing about Saturday. But, we are talking about Tony here so ……….
Go back and re-read the first item you quoted. He said "with the inflatable mattress and doll".

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
Thinking Chicken sandwich of some sort with a good side. Maybe grilled asparagus. I have a Coleman full size propane cooktop
Done & done. Butterfly filleted boneless chicken breast and fresh asparagus spears. Rolls, I’m thinking toasted Fuzzie‘s Sheboygan hard rolls with some trimmings ??

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Wisconsin
What goes on a sandwich like that..........mayo??, ranch?? or something homemade?????????............Did you notice I didn't mention ketchup?????????....I know better!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, I noticed that Bob. Yes Bob, you know better.
I like my grilled chicken breast sandwich just with butter on both sides of toasting the bun & top it off with a fold of iceberg lettuce and a slice of tomato and maybe a slice of red sweet onion.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel