The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

EBC Brakes Team Up With SCCA for Another Season

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
SCCA Gears Up for Solo National Championships with Big EBC Prizes

The US-based autocross race weekend in September will feature various cash prizes dished out

EBC Brakes is proud to continue its contingency program with the Sports Car Club of America (SCCA) throughout 2023.
With the club hosting various national motorsport events throughout the year, the generous prizes continue to be on offer for all entrants.

JKRO1606-scaled.jpg

A large upcoming event for the SCCA is the 2023 Solo National Championships autocross weekend, which takes place on 5-8 September at Lincoln Airpark on the west side of Nebraska’s capital, Lincoln.
What do we know about the 2023 Solo Nats so far? This year’s Homecoming theme is poised to double up those already legendary paddock parties, and the event’s run days have been decided. Also, Tier 1 and Tier 2 registration has taken place, but general registration is now open, for more information Click here. more key dates below;
  • Aug. 2 @ 12:01am CT: The entry fee will increase from $224 to $325 (also, the cancellation fee increases to $100. Those registering with the higher entry fee cannot receive a refund).
  • Aug. 3 @ 12:01am CT: Group Paddock registration requests close
  • Aug 16: Individual Paddock registration opens
  • Aug. 28 @ 3pm CT: Online registration closes
  • Sept. 1 @ 7pm CT: This is the last day to cancel and receive a refund, less a cancellation fee of $100 (for those who registered prior to Aug. 10).
original.jpg

EBC Brakes prizing structure for this event is detailed below:
EBC Brakes (Select Classes)
1st – $50; 2nd – $45; 3rd – $40; 4th – $35; 5th – $30

With various other sponsors also putting up prizes, competitors are strongly advised to get involved, especially considering that registration for these generous Solo Nats contingency offerings mostly involves a few button clicks and applying a handful of stickers – you’d be silly not to jump in!
– For more information on the SCCA, please visit www.scca.com
– For more information on the 2023 Solo National Championships, please visit www.scca.com/events/2003202-2023-tire-rack-solo-national-championships-lincoln-airpark

IMG_1905-scaled.jpg

Connect and follow the SCCA below
Instagram
Facebook
YouTube
LinkedIn
https://www.scca.com/
original-copy.jpg

Your contingency is very much appreciated in the community (as far as I can tell being a part of it) - but since we're on this forum - why CAM classes are not eligible for it ? Maybe something to consider if you are planning on continuing (which would be great - even without CAM classes) ?

EBC Brakes

Supporting Vendor
Your contingency is very much appreciated in the community (as far as I can tell being a part of it) - but since we're on this forum - why CAM classes are not eligible for it ? Maybe something to consider if you are planning on continuing (which would be great - even without CAM classes) ?
I'm unsure why CAM are not eligible, I can pass the feedback on to the team. Below is our contingency program outline

1690567846414.png

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Is CAM still considered a "supplemental" (non-jacket) class for National events? Then again, there's no contingency for Street Prepared classes, either.

Just checked the registration page, and Solo Nats is capped at 1300 entries with over 1500 people signed up.

It sold out in 4 hours.

The SCCA contingency process for a company is pretty silly. Unless you have special privileges ***cough, cough, Driving Forward Together Bullies Club cough, cough**** you have to post a certain amount of payout per class, and for the levels where SCCA takes care of things, it can add up in costs. So even though you don't pay out for every class, offering for all of them is a liability.

Brandy at SCCA has been around but she is an expert on contingency stuff, not autocross classes and on the EBC end it was certainly just a marketing person who is not an expert either.

So, that's how weird stuff like CAM not being offered happens. It's a shame, EBC pads are decent and I might try them if there was a contingency program.

DaveW

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Will be there racing with my son, Ryan , in SSP ( 06 Silver EVO 9 ) and hope you have some of your Reps there as would love to meet some of you guys. I know the EBC pads had on my Mach 1 were some of the absolute best track pads I have ever used in 42 years of playing on asphalt and concrete. So good, I took them off when I traded the beast in, they are too good to just give away, ha.

Thanks for your support of SCCA!

TMO Supporting Vendors