The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Finally made the 11 second club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
The weather is great this week for drag racing. hope it holds till I get my new tunes and clutch issues resolved or at least band aided so I can run again before the season ends. Just driving to work I can feel it runs much better in this cool crisp air. Hopefully I will finally click off an 11 sec run

unrealford said:
seca954 said:
Are you using the stock 3:73 gears?
yes

Have not been to the track yet but will say I can launch about 40% harder with the steeda upper, lower control arms and steeda control arm relocation bracket. If you are serious of drag racing you may wat to try these. There is no way a stock boss could even come close to this setup on the same exact car before I would blow the tires out through first part of second and 10 feet in third take in reguard this is on street not a track but now it hooks through all on the street. Also rear shocks to be adjusted.

Justin

I have the BBR lowers on the car now and the Steeda upper with bracket sitting in the garage. Jeep what hole did you use on the steeda bracket and what did you set the length to?

Justin said:
I have the BBR lowers on the car now and the Steeda upper with bracket sitting in the garage. Jeep what hole did you use on the steeda bracket and what did you set the length to?

I used the bottom hole for the most leverage the length for the upper is matching the stock my lower arms are not adjustable. I am pretty sure the upper is set to the stock length but my local shop installed the adjustable steeda upper and the driveshaft so who knows if they had to tweek it for the driveshaft I would guess it is at -2.0 degree ? If you really need to know I can call them. Dont you have the diveshaft with the cv joint? If so the length would match stock upper.

Justin

yeah I have the DSS shaft. Steeda's directions just say pick a hole try it and adjust as needed so not much help there. I am going to set the angle to -2 using the middle bottom whole and go from there I guess.

Justin said:
yeah I have the DSS shaft. Steeda's directions just say pick a hole try it and adjust as needed so not much help there. I am going to set the angle to -2 using the middle bottom whole and go from there I guess.

Hey my misstake I have all steeda except I did not like their relocation bracket so I went with this UMI. With this setup you dont have to adjust pinion angle for trying the spots out they are on a radius of the control arm one of the reasons I went this route.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12_184&products_id=319

Justin

[quote aeepinocala link=topic=3059.msg50582#msg50582 date=1348606513]
Justin said:

Hey my misstake I have all steeda except I did not like their relocation bracket so I went with this UMI. With this setup you dont have to adjust pinion angle for trying the spots out they are on a radius of the control arm one of the reasons I went this route.

http://www.umiperformance.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=12_184&products_id=319
[/quote] oh I'm talking about the upper control arm bracket

Justin said:
[quote aeepinocala link=topic=3059.msg50582#msg50582 date=1348606513]
Justin said:

oh I'm talking about the upper control arm bracket
[/quote]

Ok well I went with steeda adjustable upper control arm and steeda heavy duty upper control arm bracket.

Justin

you should have the same bracket up top then. it has four mounting holes. if you get a chance can you peak up there and see where they put it?

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel