The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

For Sale - Strano Rear Sway Bar

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3-Way Adjustable Strano Rear Sway Bar For Sale: I purchased this used several months ago but never installed it. I've decided to go a different direction with my car. Other than a few superficial scratches, it is in nice shape and appears to be in perfect working condition. Pictures of scratches and description from Strano's website are below.

Price: $150 (includes shipping to lower 48)

Part #: 8419
Brand: Stranoparts
Price: $199.00 + Shipping
Tubular construction for light weight, 3 adjustment positions to help you dial in the car. All new hardware, and bolts to all the stock locations. No modifications necessary.

Adjustment means you can tune roll stiffness to your needs, not what Ford stuck you with.
88 durometer urethane bushings, all mounting hardware. Complete with grease and all hardware for mounting.

Made from the ST52.3 alloy. Unlike other adjustable rear bars, the Strano rear bar bolts on in the same locations as the OEM Ford part. Overall a savings of about 5 pounds vs. a stock Ford rear bar is realized (and even more with larger aftermarket solid bars).

Comparison vs. Ford OEM:
Strano Performance Parts 8419 1" tubular: 162, 185, 225 lbs/in
Ford 20mm Solid (2005-2010 GT): 96 lbs/in
Ford 22mm Solid (2011+ V-6 standard): 147 lbs/in
Ford 24mm Solid (2011+ 5.0, GT500): 193 lbs/in
Ford 25mm Solid (Boss 302): 250 lbs/in
Ford 26mm Solid (Boss 302 Laguna Seca): 275 lbs/in

Having driven and tested many S197's, I feel the 24mm + solid OEM bars are just too stiff. More is not always better, if you have question please feel free to contact the shop.

*Does not fit convertible model cars. May not work with any LCA relocation bracket, but confirmed to fit with UMI Performance LCA brackets*

Available for the following vehicles:
• Ford Mustang 2005-2010
• Ford Mustang 2011-2014

image-14.jpg

image-13.jpg

image-12.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors