The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

  • Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford $1000 Financing Cash Back question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

So I was looking to buy a new car from Ford and they have a $1000 Cash back for financing through them. Questions:

1) I was told by one dealer I had make 3 payments before refinancing or they would take the $1000 back (charge me)
2) I was told by another dealer I could pay it off immediately with no penalty.

Anyone know for sure what the details of this off is in regards to paying it off? Thanks.
I did this on my truck. I was told the same thing as #1. I just financed the min amount, paid 90% immediately, and then the other 10% at 91 days. I didn't check into it any further and just did this to be safe and there was no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tulsa, OK
I just bought a truck on Friday and I was told you had to make 3 payments to get the financing rebate. After that you could refinance through another institution or pay off the balance of the vehicle.
Both of 150's I paid for at signing but financed the minimum amount. When the first payment was due I paid in full. Did not effect the rebate. I think they tell you the three payment thing because Ford gives them a hard time of sorts when they finance a car and know the person plans to pay it right off. Maybe after three payments they do not hear from Ford.
The official answer I finally got was you need to make one Payment. I guess if you pay it off in that one payment, then you will be ok. I was told that it affects how much the dealer gets if the three payments are not made, so that is why they say you need to make three. So I will make the one payment and then do what I need to do. Thanks for all the responses.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel