The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Ford announces Mustang GT4 at SEMA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
50Deep said:
SO is this the test mule spotted in dearborn that everyone thought would be the 2018 GT350?

Negative--the SEMA car was built in the two weeks leading up to the show by KohR Motorsports, and the customer "production" cars will be built by Multimatic (similar to the BOSS 302R). Ford isn't obliged to do any testing that would require driving these on the street.

Here are some photos of a 5.0L version that KohR tested earlier this year. At this point it is unclear whether this was the basis for the car or KohR's in-house effort for an S550 PWC car (prior to the possibility of privateer cars getting axed by the GT4 "factory homologation" requirement).

ux5sDD6.png

E7FxpEP.png

ecvR8cd.png

It's a CPC and does have six piston from calipers.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Texas
Those Forgeline wheels are the wheels I would love to get for the 350 but at $1650 a wheel I don't think so. Interesting how small the rear rotors are. I wonder if that has anything to do with class specs? The front dive planes are interesting. They don't look very well done but maybe some of this stuff is prototype. Beautiful car

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Considering the difference in cost between an S and an R with the Boss 302s for the track , North of $150 should not be a surprise, but with the price of many of the other GT4 cars we may all be surprised if it comes in a bit less?

The Porsche GT4 Clubsport has a base price of $165,000. I see no reason why the Mustang GT4 cannot undercut this price point. A lot of the Mustang parts will be sourced from high volume OEM pieces, especially compared to the Porsche. Using a CPC 5.2L motor is a smart move and Ford has already shown they can make well over 550 HP in this configuration. There are definitely some niche pieces such as the transmission, rear control arms, Motec dash, etc., but I still think the car should be under $165,000.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm a little sad to hear Billy Johnson won't be driving it...

"Both drivers were heavily involved the the development of the Multimatic-built Mustang GT4 since the project’s inception, but with Johnson’s off-season elevation to a Platinum driver rating and his resultant ineligibility in the series, much of that project fell on Maxwell’s shoulders."

http://sportscar365.com/imsa/ctscc/maxwell-mustang-gt4-is-what-people-love/

Austin
Looks like Kohr Racing has entered a second GT4 at Daytona. Also, not sure if this was already posted somewhere but looks like pricing is confirmed at $225k?

http://www.shop.kohrmotorsports.com/2017-Ford-Mustang-GT4-Racecar-M-R350-GT4.htm

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel