The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S550 French Shelby GT350R Build Thread Profile - S550 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am sure hoping things improve for France , as we have our trip all paid for in 2021! Cabernet, pate, baguette, pain de chocolat, escargot, venaison, etc., I have my priorities for what I want to do while in your Country, ha,ha.
me too i have have priorities when i come in US, Shelby, Dodge, Drag race, F150, Deamon, Corvette and Black Angus :cool:🤪

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well check out our website .......www.woodhouse.com

We were the largest Ford Truck Store in the World for 14 years ( dropped a little since we bought two more Ford Dealerships near by), I sold 8 Demons, we are still the largest Raptor Store in the US, we usually have a Shelby GT 350 at one of our stores ( even though you have one, ha ) , we also have a Chevy Store, and Nebraska provides more beef than any State in the US in 2019 , so no problem with making sure you get plenty of Black Angus beef ( or the correct French pronunciation of boeuf )!!!

Last edited:
Hi all !

It's my first day on the nurburgring with the Shelby GT350R. UNBELIEVABLE! Very nice very fast car. now I'm going to work to win weight and improve stability. here are some pictures and a video for pleasure. Ford announces a time of 7.32 therefore approximately 7.16 at BTG. personally I managed a 7.26 BTG for my first and with an engine light following an electronic problem, too bad because I had less power.

In 3 and 4 september i have two days of private trackday on the nurburgring, I will come back stronger😄

IMG_20200608_165528_292.jpg

IMG_20200602_225139_134.jpg

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dear Josh,

Loved the video and the Shelby riding the curb is a shot that you should blow up and frame!!! We , here at TMO, have all taken an informal Poll and you are our favorite French Driver of the Year - who cares about Romain Grosjean, ha!!

Thanks for the post and we hope to hear more of your exploits on the TMO Forum!

For this year my trip from July to August will be canceled, for the moment we are waiting for the refund of the plane. The trip is between San Francisco and LA. It is essential to visit Shelby in las vegas and spend the day at Willow Spring Racetrack. If you have another address, I listen to your advice. the dream would be for me to share 1 or 2 days with a mustang / shelby owner and to make a day on willow track.
Especially since I saw the movie "le mans 66" :)
View attachment 15409
[/QUOTE]

Coming back to this question a little late, my apologies! So help me understand... are you still coming to the USA for a trip between Los Angeles and San Francisco? I live closer to San Francisco, so the Willow Track is not usually on my list of venues (It is about 5-6 hours away from me). But we have plenty of track events in July and August at Laguna Seca, Sonoma, and Thunderhill if you are going to be in the Northern part of the state. Let me know what dates you are considering nd I'll see if there is a track event at which we could gather a few Shelby owners!

And this is just one man's opinion, but the general route you have indicated on your map is covered with many, many hours of open desert and somewhat boring scenery. For my tastes, you'd be better served just flying to Salt lake City for a couple days, then drive the coastal route from Los Angeles to San francisco, stopping in places like Santa Barbara, Paso Robles, Pismo Beach, Carmel/Monterey (Laguna Seca Raceway!), Santa Cruz, Pescadero, and San Francisco, plus North to Marin, Bodega Bay, Pt Arena, and Mendocino. 1/3 of the driving and packed with sights. Plus Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway on the way. Of course, if you drive through Utah, you can see Monument Valley and other great parks. Nevada (apologies to Nevadans everywhere) is full of long, long stretches of road with not much to see.

Dear Josh,

Loved the video and the Shelby riding the curb is a shot that you should blow up and frame!!! We , here at TMO, have all taken an informal Poll and you are our favorite French Driver of the Year - who cares about Romain Grosjean, ha!!

Thanks for the post and we hope to hear more of your exploits on the TMO Forum!
i will continu tu use my shelby on the best tracks in europe =)

Coming back to this question a little late, my apologies! So help me understand... are you still coming to the USA for a trip between Los Angeles and San Francisco? I live closer to San Francisco, so the Willow Track is not usually on my list of venues (It is about 5-6 hours away from me). But we have plenty of track events in July and August at Laguna Seca, Sonoma, and Thunderhill if you are going to be in the Northern part of the state. Let me know what dates you are considering nd I'll see if there is a track event at which we could gather a few Shelby owners!

And this is just one man's opinion, but the general route you have indicated on your map is covered with many, many hours of open desert and somewhat boring scenery. For my tastes, you'd be better served just flying to Salt lake City for a couple days, then drive the coastal route from Los Angeles to San francisco, stopping in places like Santa Barbara, Paso Robles, Pismo Beach, Carmel/Monterey (Laguna Seca Raceway!), Santa Cruz, Pescadero, and San Francisco, plus North to Marin, Bodega Bay, Pt Arena, and Mendocino. 1/3 of the driving and packed with sights. Plus Laguna Seca and Sonoma Raceway on the way. Of course, if you drive through Utah, you can see Monument Valley and other great parks. Nevada (apologies to Nevadans everywhere) is full of long, long stretches of road with not much to see.

Dave thank you very much for your answer and advice !

i haven't think at laguna seca ! For july my holiday are cancelled by the covid 19 but we thinking for new schedule. the plane is still not canceled but all the hotels have canceled their reservation 😭 😭 😭 😭

Hello everyone, Here is a last video of my Mustang on the Nurburgring with a 7.27 btg. The 7.20 was achievable if I had not seen cars.

video link for the pleasure:

Ford did 7.32 full lap with Professional driver and around 7.17 BTG, I'm getting closer to the official record.

2021 promises to be the year of records, I will work on the suspensions but also on the aero of the car with target less than 7.00 BTG which would be the first Mustang in the world under the 7.00 but also one of the few American cars below 7.00.

I am thinking of switching to MCS suspension, for the top-air Archetype racing aero do you have any recommendations ?

for 6th gear do you know if it is possible to make it shorter to use it because I cap at 270km / h in the long straight in 5th gear ?

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Holy Crap , Josh, that is fantastic and you should be very, very proud!! Considering what the record is and what some other Supercars have run, you obviously are a Pilot adept at ground level flying !!!! Proud to have you on Track Mustangs Online!!!

[QUOTE = "Bill Pemberton, message: 250360, membre: 487"]
Holy Crap, Josh, c'est fantastique et tu devrais être très, très fier !! Compte tenu du record et de ce que certaines autres Supercars ont couru, vous êtes évidemment un pilote adepte du vol au niveau du sol !!!! Fier de vous avoir sur Track Mustangs Online !!!
[/CITATION]
Thanks Bill, it's difficult track and i will show all the capabilty of the Mustang !

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
SoCal
for 6th gear do you know if it is possible to make it shorter to use it because I cap at 270km / h in the long straight in 5th gear ?
The parts should be available to make this change - GM used the TR3160 in some Cadillac’s and Camaro’s, which I believe had .75 or .80 overdrive gears vs. the .63 that’s in the Shelby. It will take some research and perhaps a call directly to Tremec for part #’s. I’m not sure the Tremec Elite Dealers are going to be as helpful on the TR3160 as they would be on the more common Magnum or TR6060 variants.

https://www.tremec.com/anexos/Product.Sheet_TR-3160.pdf

Bill Pemberton

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
I have been around Nurburgring twice , both with my father. First time was in a 1958 Opel Rekord and the second was in a 1963 Mini Cooper. The second time was in 1963 and if I remember correctly I think we started on a Friday and finished on Saturday, ha,ha.

There were not many guardrails back then, which is one thing I do remember.

[QUOTE = "67GTA, message: 250362, membre: 5231"]
Les pièces devraient être disponibles pour effectuer ce changement - GM a utilisé le TR3160 dans certaines Cadillac et Camaro, qui, je crois, avaient des vitesses d'overdrive de 0,75 ou 0,80 par rapport au .63 de la Shelby. Il faudra quelques recherches et peut-être un appel directement à Tremec pour les numéros de pièce. Je ne suis pas sûr que les concessionnaires Tremec Elite seront aussi utiles sur le TR3160 qu'ils le seraient sur les variantes plus courantes Magnum ou TR6060.

https://www.tremec.com/anexos/Product.Sheet_TR-3160.pdf
[/CITATION]
thanks you very much,I will call to find out if the existing parts and would make a return,

[QUOTE = "Tonymustang302, message: 250479, membre: 5791"]
Jésus-Christ cette vidéo est brutale
[/CITATION]
Merci le Mustang Gt350
Jesus christ that video is brutal
the nurburgring is an incredible and very difficult race track, the car flies over 4 wheels many times and sometimes swaying the curves or just before braking ! you have to live it to believe it

[QUOTE = "Tonymustang302, message: 250479, membre: 5791"]
Jésus-Christ cette vidéo est brutale
[/CITATION]
Merci le Mustang Gt350

the nurburgring is an incredible and very difficult race track, the car flies over 4 wheels many times and sometimes swaying the curves or just before braking ! you have to live it to believe it

thank you for these videos.....you are a great driver.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel