The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front Brembo Floating bolt issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
You must be psychic. I just thought about and checking my email to see if there was a reply about 15 min ago. You posted and asked about 40 min prior. Crickets - not even one of those robo acknowledgment emails that say something like " Thank you for contacting.... " from either email. I hate poor customer support. My money has the same value as a billionaire's. Maybe I'll call today. Here's a good one - looks like our design is not an upgrade option in the brembo websites.
Yeah looks like poor customer support. May worth sending an e-mail to ford as well regarding that issue maybe they know something we don't. I still don't see what value this bolt is heaving though.

Yeah looks like poor customer support. May worth sending an e-mail to ford as well regarding that issue maybe they know something we don't. I still don't see what value this bolt is heaving though.
If you really look at the caliper the aluminum is not as thick as one might think in the center, plus it's cast which is brittle. I would say the bridge bolt provides structural support. There's a boatload of pressure being applied in the opposite direction of the rotor when braking. All of new designs have the bridge cast as part of the caliper.

Last edited:
In the V6L
Has anyone looked at turning the bolt end-for-end? Put the nut in the hollow where the bolt head is supposed to be and hold the head with a wrench. I suppose, if it was that easy, it'd be the way everyone does it, but hey, it's a thought.

Ok - spoke with race technologies today. They sent me in the direction of brembo American --- phone number 855 478 6565 Evidently - Ford may have proprietary design on the performance pack brembos even though it's stamped brembo. That's s feels like a snipe hunt and am pretty sure there will not be a single entity that takes ownership or even a knowledges anything. This is where I stop and use the common sense or TMO members to extend the life of my calipers to he best I can I like a couple ideas that have been suggested so will try what works. Feel free to call the above number and update if you like

Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Bulgaria
Ok - spoke with race technologies today. They sent me in the direction of brembo American --- phone number 855 478 6565 Evidently - Ford may have proprietary design on the performance pack brembos even though it's stamped brembo. That's s feels like a snipe hunt and am pretty sure there will not be a single entity that takes ownership or even a knowledges anything. This is where I stop and use the common sense or TMO members to extend the life of my calipers to he best I can I like a couple ideas that have been suggested so will try what works. Feel free to call the above number and update if you like
It might be a ford design but VW also use this calipers on the Taureg and Porsche use them on the Cayenne so they should be Brembo. Overall I think new bolts will solve my issue at least for now maybe I just used them to much and they lost clamping force so they moved. After all this is the 4th season of the said bolts and according to ford documentation they should be changed with the pins on every brake pad change. The wise grip idea is also nice to consider.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel