The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Front end bra

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
In preparation for my 1500 mile drive to las Vegas I am thinking of front end protection. The clear bra from 3M seems labor intensive and something I could screw up. Has anybody tried the old school bra made of vinyl or whatever ? Any recommendations ?

Have clear bra professionally installed and don't look back. 10x better than a vinyl bra.

I have a Colgan Custom Bra for my Boss. It works well. I have only used it twice for long trips and it did well. My only complaint is there are some extra straps that they put on for the LS splitter, but were not needed on the base Boss. Had to figure out a way to tie them up so they wouldnt flop around in the wind. Also the instructions were terrible. Once I figured out how to hook it up it worked fine though.

Bay Area
You can go the very cheap route and use blue painters tape. When you get to Vegas take it off and then put it back on when you head home. I took my Boss on 2000 mile R/T and had not cosmetic problems. I just made sure I stayed away from trucks.

Like probably most here, I've used a traditional vinyl bra, painter's tape, and clear bra (haven't tried Plasti-Dip yet) either on my Boss or on other cars I've had. Each has its advantages and disadvantages, so it comes down to personal preference. Ultimately went with clear bra on my Boss (and my other vehicles)... works best for me and I'm happy with it.

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
NFSBOSS said:
Have clear bra professionally installed and don't look back. 10x better than a vinyl bra.

This...I've had this on all of my cars and it's worth every penny.

johnrehder

New Boss 302 LS owner
I use Road Wrap on long trips, works great and just peel it off when you get there. I use the smaller width roll as it is easier to work with than the longer one.

http://www.buyroadwrap.com/

;D

johnrehder said:
I use Road Wrap on long trips, works great and just peel it off when you get there. I use the smaller width roll as it is easier to work with than the longer one.

http://www.buyroadwrap.com/

;D

I have used this as well and it works fantastic....

TMO Supporting Vendors