The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Frostbite_GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Lawrenceburg IN
I’ve been meaning to make a build thread on here for quite some time. A little backstory on the car. I bought my car in 2017 as a senior in high school for $1,500. I came across it in a junk car lot outside a guy’s shop in the middle of nowhere Ohio. The car had been sitting for 5 years in the same spot before I found it. The car’s original owner took the car to this shop in 2012 to get work done on it. While the car was at this shop, he was arrested for drug dealing. The bank repossessed the car but never picked it up and the car was soon forgotten about. I was able to track down the right people and the bank sold me the car they forgot about within my high school budget.IMG_1336.JPG

A LOT has changed since then. I’m very thankful for all the knowledge people have shared on here, as it has helped me put together my car greatly. Putting this car together has been the first real time I’ve put a car together. From 2017-2021 I was only home to work it on select weekends and holiday breaks from college. And from 2021-2024 I have had to live in various other states for my job and would work on it when I could.

IMG_0357.jpg
IMG_0554.JPG
Since then the car has received a lot of work and upgrades that definitely should have came after I got seat time, but sadly the life schedule has not allowed it. However, I’ve had a blast just building it and putting it together. Luckily, I am now able to move back home for work and plan on achieving as much seat time as I can this summer. All the work has been done by myself and my best friend who is putting together a C5 for himself to join me in autox and track days.

IMG_3317.jpg

Almost all the parts on the car have been takeoffs from other cars I’ve sourced from Facebook Marketplace, eBay, craigslist, and TMO.

IMG_3399.jpg

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
What a great story and it sure looks like your initiative and drive ( dual meaning ,ha ) has really paid off. I know we will be looking forward to hearing about your track or autocross successes!

TMO Supporting Vendors