The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FS: APR GTC-300 Wing and S197 Decklid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Since I no longer my S197 I need to part with this wing and decklid.
It’s an APR GTC-300 wing. It started life on the Vorshlag S197 project car. They built the brackets and set it up in its current configuration.

The previous owner had it outside hence the clear coat issues on the top of the wing.

The gel coat on the wing top surface is done and it could be re-cleared or gel coated. It was in this condition when I bought it and I never go around to finishing resurfacing it. It is perfectly functional
Also could wrap it and be done. The structure of the wing is excellent and the CF is in good shape.
The gel coat on the end plates and underside of the wing is in mostly great condition.

EDIT: I have acquired a pallet and can secure the combo to the pallet. If you arrange and pay for freight company pickup from my residential address, yes you can get a 53’ truck to my house, I’ll get it shipped for you.

Local Pickup in the Bay Area preferred.

$500

EB670576-E30D-4486-92DE-2186192CC8BA.jpeg

84B65E49-F689-404B-8E99-EDD90C459E07.jpeg

190A9E23-F551-4C1C-BF63-008E58FCC84F.jpeg

697AE472-4BC9-488A-A0C2-646F55AD9AA8.jpeg

583BC920-52B2-4F51-8E96-7E7AB62B9D49.jpeg

ED9D68D7-95C6-4D22-81A3-6A6A966CF2E1.jpeg

6934B526-ADBC-4A27-A168-EBA1D30B105A.jpeg

7F8061DC-FDFF-4FF3-A319-C5FDB98E73C6.jpeg

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Decklid , with a wing, good buy even if a little gel coat or even painting needs done. I know I was looking for a deck lid of late , for a possible mod to run C Prepared in Autocrossing , and couldn't find one reasonable. Don't need a wing, but for someone ready to set up their s197 , not a bad price and set up. Good luck!!

Shipping is going to be very expensive. And packing it up will be no easy task. It’s going to be a very large box. If someone were willing to pay the cost of packaging and shipping I can do that but I imagine that cost will be $250-$300 or more.

I acquired a pallet. If you arrange and pay for freight company shipping from my house in a residential neighborhood I can help get it shipped to you. I’ll take all the precautions necessary to attach it to the pallet. I cannot deliver it to a freight depot for shipping as I don’t have the means to transport it on a pallet. Updated original post with pictures.

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I am out for now, doesn't work trying to arrange shipping from the receiving end. I may be out in Cali this coming winter if you still have it.
Thanks for your effort.

So tempting! Just a heads-up though, if any part of that wing is extending out past the pallet... it will not survive the trip. Someone needs to snatch this up!

xr7

TMO Addict?
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Minnesota
I acquired a pallet. If you arrange and pay for freight company shipping from my house in a residential neighborhood I can help get it shipped to you. I’ll take all the precautions necessary to attach it to the pallet. I cannot deliver it to a freight depot for shipping as I don’t have the means to transport it on a pallet. Updated original post with pictures.
Any thought to disassembling the wing and selling it separately?
It would box up nicely with mounts and end plates removed.
The cost of shipping it on a pallet like that is too expensive.

I can disassemble the wing and mounts, but would still want $500 for the wing + Actual shipping / packaging costs. IT's still a very long piece and will take custom packaging.

Without the wing, the decklid isn't much use to anyone as it's got holes in it, so it will get a one way trip to the dump.

I just spoke with FedEx, packaging for shipping will be in the $60-$70 range.

Finished dimensions will be approximately 70-72"x16"x16"

I don't have weight right now, will have to disassemble and weigh everything, but the full package shouldn't be more than 25-30lbs?

If you want to get shipping estimates based on that, let me know.

TMO Supporting Vendors