The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FS: Ford Racing Boss 302S SACHS Dampeners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bought a Spec Iron Race Car and no longer have a need for these!

These are the dampeners off of the Boss 302S Race Car double adjustable for rebound and dampening, see end of this listing for Ford Racing Tuning Guide.

Comes with Ford Racing CASTER/CAMBER PLATE MSRP: $349.00 and MUSTANG REAR UPPER SHOCK MOUNT: MSRP: $83.00

Eibach Springs; 500 lb Front / 300 lb Rear

Hardware to attach is all aircraft grade nuts, bolts, and washers.

Asking $3,299.99

PM me if interested.

DSCF9729.jpg

DSCF9730.jpg

DSCF9731.jpg

BOSS 302S SACHS Tuning Guide
[pdf]http://freepdfhosting.com/87dd61682e.pdf[/pdf]

Doug what's the history on these? Specifically have they been rebuilt and if do when? Were they on a race car? With lighter springs would they be suitable for occasional drives on the street?

NFSBOSS said:
Doug what's the history on these? Specifically have they been rebuilt and if do when? Were they on a race car? With lighter springs would they be suitable for occasional drives on the street?

NFSBOSS,

When I got them they had one race weekend and two DE weekends, the original owner had a NASA AI car build by Rehagen Racing and decided to change classes to SI and I bought the dampeners from him.

I then put two more DE weekends on them and then bought an SI race car.

Over on Reenlist (Porsche forum) David Glenn at [email protected] or 386 405 1249 was recommended for SACHS rebuilds. He's retired from Porsche Motorsports North America, but he still rebuilds Sachs products and has a good supply of parts, a shock dyno and years of knowledge.

I called him and he related a DE car could go two or more years in between rebuilds; 6-7 DE weekends per year easy...........

Those springs are light when you consider the fronts are 600 lbs and I run 800 lbs on the race car.

What would make the ride harsh would be the dampener setting if I was going for a ride on the street I'd just soften up the dampeners.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Doug

ArizonaBOSS said:
Whatcha got on CCWs in the background?

Additional off topic question: What spring rates does the SI car run?

The picture was taken at a friends shop, I think it might have been a GT500.

Spring rates...........Hey that's like asking what's in the secret sauce!

800 lbs front and 350 lbs rear on the SI car

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel