The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

FS/FT Borla S type northern VA area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Selling my Borla S types for $420 or trade for 13/14 GT500 rear valence + cash. Regaurdless, my goal is to get the 13/14 GT500 quad tips and or valence. Borlas Have around 3,000 miles on them with no dents, dings or scratches. Looking to keep things local since this is my DD. Prices and trades are negotiable with local members :beer:

email or text me for any further questions [email protected] 2097478785

Comparison pic of the GT500 tips and Borla tips
9820636075_6222238828_c.jpg

As you can see the Borlas are significantly smaller than OEM GT500 axle backs. The GT500 muffler(each) is 3lbs lighter than an OEM GT/Boss muffler and a Borla muffler is 13lbs lighter than the GT500. So if you're replacing these with your stock GT axle backs you are looking at a total weight saving of 32lbs off the rear of the car.
9820623594_da05e6e963_c.jpg

Both on the car
9820623004_818a245350_c.jpg

cold start
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIPTzgM1fyI[/youtube]
WOT
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kq_R5yR_3Lw[/youtube]

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
FWIW - The Borla ATAK I put on were a total of 25.14 lbs vs. factory @ 42.32 - A 17.17 lbs savings. I do believe they are lighter than the Borla S type.

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
TymeSlayer said:
FWIW - The Borla ATAK I put on were a total of 25.14 lbs vs. factory @ 42.32 - A 17.17 lbs savings. I do believe they are lighter than the Borla S type.

Just an aside, is there a way to tell the S-types from the ATAKs from the touring?

TymeSlayer said:
Just to clear things up, are those numbers each? Or is that for both mufflers??? I got my information from someone who has owned both Borla S and GT500 axle backs

ufnavy06 said:
Just an aside, is there a way to tell the S-types from the ATAKs from the touring?
Aside from hearing them I dont know if there are any objective differences.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
That is total weight for each set. I weighted the factory ones after removal and weighted the Borla ATAK after painting but before installation. I painted them black to make them completely disappear from the back end. I did leave the tips Chrome. The ATAK tips will also stick out a inch or so more that the factory ones but it actually fits the contour of the back end better. I believe the S types are slightly larger than the ATAK. Sound wise I have not compared .

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel