The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Grand-Am Round 7 at Road America - June 23-24

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grand Am is heading to Road America next for two exciting days of racing June 23-24.

Follow-along online at http://www.grand-am.com/schedule/event.cfm?series=k&eid=2377

TV - Jul 3, 1:00 PM ET, SPEED

Lots of Boss's at this race including a new one sponsored by Miller Motorsports Park.

Re: Grand-Am Round 7 at Watkins Glen - June 23-24

Good luck to all the Boss 302R's this week.

Just got back from this race at Road America. It was a total bloodbath, honestly. Three times in a row, at one point, they came off a yellow flag and had another wreck within the first lap. No spoilers for those who will watch next week, but...well...damn.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

LateApex said:
Just got back from this race at Road America. It was a total bloodbath, honestly. Three times in a row, at one point, they came off a yellow flag and had another wreck within the first lap. No spoilers for those who will watch next week, but...well...damn.

Cautions breed cautions.

A bunch of my track buddies just got back from there a few days before I was at BIR last weekend. Seemed like I was getting a text about every other hour about another wreck. What the heck's going on over there? I've been told it's one of the safest tracks around.....but dang.

Anybody watch the Rolex race? A Camaro flew over the fence in Turn 1. :eek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=C8qErq29Rdw[/youtube]

Anybody know the status of Joe Foster?

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Holy shiznit. This is on my DVR, gonna have to watch it later today!

I'd imagine Foster is OK, going sideways in the sand trap probably scrubbed quite a bit of speed before he hit the tires. I'm amazed he didn't roll.

Man, I've heard of a number of similar situations on that Turn. Losing brakes is scary. I lost them once going into a Turn at around 100...no fun. Fortunately I was able to bleed off enough speed and put it into a skid in the infield where there was plenty of runoff. At a buck 60 you're going for a ride. Just really glad he walked away. Sounds like Foster will be ok and glad to hear he was treated and released.

Was there for all of it. I just think people aren't used to the track as they haven't hosted Grand-Am in a decade there. It's a safe track, sure, but it's also a fast track, and has a few sneaky technical turns as well.

It was a horror show of a weekend, but no serious injuries at least. Having said that, can't wait for the NASA event there!

GA
LateApex said:
It was a horror show of a weekend, but no serious injuries at least. Having said that, can't wait for the NASA event there!

I plan to come up for a NASA event there sometime. There are also a few Bullittheads in the area to hang out with so it would make a great trip.

PJWANNABE said:
I plan to come up for a NASA event there sometime. There are also a few Bullittheads in the area to hang out with so it would make a great trip.

It looks like NASA will be there October 7-9th. October is kinda sketchy weatherwise but as of now, I plan on going.

Joes ok and will be back behind the wheel at Laguna Seca. It was quite a ride for sure.........

Joe's a great guy and I'm glad he's ok.

Dean#4AI said:
PJWANNABE said:

It looks like NASA will be there October 7-9th. October is kinda sketchy weatherwise but as of now, I plan on going.

As long as the car gets put back together, I will be there also. Look me up #16

TMO Supporting Vendors