The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Gray rear fascia part?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sesshomurai

Hi,
Seems my exhaust tips were a little too close to the bumper cover/rear fascia - lower skirt, and melted it some.
Anyone know where I can get a replacement online? Since I have the gt500 mufflers, the tips are not double piped like
on the stock boss and I think that's what contributed to this. Was on track. Around town, it doesn't get that hot.

Thanks.

Hey take a look on this website.
http://levittownfordsupercenter.com/
Its a Ford dealer that sells way below normal dealer prices. If you cant find what your looking for go to the contact us or a phone number and they will look up the part and get you a price on it. If you can get a number to call ask for Benny. He works in parts in Levittown Ford.

Hmmm I haven't had any issues with mine. Are your tips touching the plastic? Toulsey Ford has some of the best prices. Both Toulsey and Levittown charge 10% over cost plus shipping.

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-mustang-fascia-lower-rear-diffuser-style-black-p-750.html
Looks like they have it listed for $115.50.

Sesshomurai

5 DOT 0 said:
Hmmm I haven't had any issues with mine. Are your tips touching the plastic? Toulsey Ford has some of the best prices. Both Toulsey and Levittown charge 10% over cost plus shipping.

Yeah, they must have been a little cockeyed to begin with. I did fiddle with their alignment from the rear but I guess they didn't stay firmly in place. It's definitely my error.

Do you have the Gt500 mufflers with no inner pipe tip?

Sesshomurai

5 DOT 0 said:
Yes I have the GT500 mufflers. Mine don't touch but are close on one side, I think it's the outside. No issues so far and I have a few track days with them.

Good to hear. Mine were close to the outside of the skirt ( but it wasn't touching) and melted it and the melted plastic dripped onto the exhaust tips. I was running race fuel though, but still odd.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
tasca ford is another place to shop for ford OEM parts.

as for the adjustment. messing with the axle pipes and slightly bending hangers will get them perfect. how they hang without the axle tubes attached is almost always where they are going to settle back to no matter how hard or often you keep pushing the tips to where you want them.

so its best to get them to hang where you want just via the hangers by adjusting the hangers on the mufflers. once you get them where you want bolt up the axle tubes. to bend the hangers I just slip a closed end wrench over it and use the leverage to bend it then slip it back in place and check. little adjustments at a time is key.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
My GT500's were a little off after installation as you can see from my exhaust vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtOCLCV4Vs8&feature=plcp

These had been adjusted by loosening the hardware underneath and man handling the tip when they were originally installed, but the drivers side was still too close. I just grabbed the tip and applied steady pressure to even it up and now it's perfect. Based on my experience, adjust the hangers and then be ready for a bit of manual adjustment and you should be fine.

TMO Supporting Vendors